+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside
    Thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes I lose it completely. I have given consent for the ovarian drilling. I'll get to know in a day or so what really happened in surgery and what's next from FS. xo

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liz8585 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (28-02-2017),kylez83  (28-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default any one else get a bfp after laparoscopy?

Ladies I have been following a couple on YouTube and instagram. They are in similar situation years TTC, PCOS, laparoscopy... theirs videos are helpful and motivating. Look on you tube "follow the hills" RianandPriscilla.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Liz8585 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (02-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Have just found this thread and read all your comments and thought I'd join in. I am having a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy in 2 weeks time just to check if any issues and do a general clean out (for lack of a better term). DH and I have been trying for #1 for a bit over 2 years. Both been tested and both fine, just "unexplained infertility". I've never had surgery before, never been under anaesthetic before, never even been in hospital before so I'm a little nervous! If no luck after a few months, next step is IVF.

Crossing fingers, toes and, well everything really, for some BFPs for you ladies.

On a random side note : is there a thread on the forum that explains the different terminology and acronyms? I know some/most but there are few I have had to Google so it will be useful to know them as I plan on being more active in the forums for support/advice/general awesomeness. Thanks!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ezzd For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (02-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @ezzd I totally understand your nerves going into it, I was the same. In all honesty it's not nice, some people have pain more than others, but it's not drastically bad. I found the left over gas the worst as I struggled to lie flat in bed as it inhibited my breathing and I had a few sharp pains on my right lower incision area. In saying all that I'm not a big drug or pain killer taker, I very rarely take them, so I didn't take much pain killers. I also still have a partial numb thigh... not sure why? Suggestions to make it easier for you would be take it easy for about 3-5 days, use a recliner chair or similar to sleep in and don't push yourself. It's not nice to go through but if it's needed for the next step you just have to look at it like that and keep the end goal of that beautiful baby in mind. You will be fine The doctors I had were all really lovely and understanding. Good luck with the procedure, let us know how you go. Or if you have any questions happy to answer for you.

Ps for me they found mild endometriosis which they cleaned up. Other than that I have no known issues, but dp has low sperm count. We are in the tww from our second round of iui and will be doing ivf in may/June.

There is a thread on here with all the terminology and acronyms but I'm not sure how to find it, maybe post in one of the ttc threads?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @ezzd - So sorry to hear you have no answers to your infertility issues hun, hoping the lap and hysteroscopy goes well. I can understand you being nervous but I am sure all will be good and you will be in safe hands. There is a thread on here for acronyms will see if I can find it hun and tag you.

Congratulations on being in your tww @kylez83, hopefully this will be the one x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (02-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews

Default any one else get a bfp after laparoscopy?

Hey ladies, pain has settled down for me now compared to my first week. Still get left tight cramp
    I met with FS yesterday, I got the laparoscopy photos and result back. No irregularities, no endo and no block tube found besides the known PCOS ovaries. We'll do 3 more OI and IVF if needed.

Thanks for the lap support @ heyside and kylez83 and @ morganleroy xo
    Last edited by Liz8585; 02-03-2017 at 21:46.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liz8585 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (02-03-2017),kylez83  (02-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Liz8585 that's good pain is getting better, it's not fun is it did the clear the endo and blocked tube? We are booking ourselves in for ivf in end of May pending getting lucky in the meantime with our current iui procedure. What is OI?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kylez83
    I meant to say no endo and block tubes found. I was really happy when I hear that lol. I had a gut feeling though that I do not have endo and block tubes. For sure I know my severe PCOS ovaries were quite thick .
    OI I meant ovulation induction.
    Missed abbreviation for me 🤣
    Couple round of gonal trigger for me before IVF
    I'm thinking of City Fertility coz my FS also work with them.
    I'm thinking of getting a head start with the paperwork police checks etc
    Which one are you going?
    Hoping we get BFP in the meantime...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Liz8585 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (03-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Liz8585 - Great to hear your pain has settled hun and its great no irregularities were found. Did they do the ovarian drilling? Hopefully you will get some success now and wont need to move on but you sound like you are organised and planning ahead just in case, nice to be prepared x

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (03-03-2017)