+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone. I like the little box with a lid idea. I might get something like that and put the ring and box in the top draw of my bedside table away from my kids. I slept with it on last night and it feels weird as my fingers swell slightly when I sleep too and it felt tight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used to sleep with my engagement ring on but one night the setting caught on the sheet and bent. As a result one of the diamonds fell out. Since then I always take my rings off at night and keep them on a ring stand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    I used to sleep with my engagement ring on but one night the setting caught on the sheet and bent. As a result one of the diamonds fell out. Since then I always take my rings off at night and keep them on a ring stand.
    That's what I'm worried about as well. I have a half bezel setting so majority of the centre diamond is exposed which even though it's a strong setting, I feel like it will get caught on something and fall out so don't want to sleep with it on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    I only take my wedding and engagement rings off in late pregnancy when my fingers swell. Otherwise on 24/7.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    This is me too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm odd in that I only put my engagement and wedding rings on when I leave the house and once I'm home, they're usually off the first time I wash my hands/the dishes etc. They mostly live in a ring box on my dresser.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (07-10-2014),Lauzy  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I take my engagement and wedding ring off before bed, before a shower, before cooking that involves hands (i.e. making dough or biscuits). If I'm home for the day - like today - I don't bother putting them on. I'm not a big jewellery person though.

I leave my rings on my bedside table. I try to always leave them in the same place so I don't lose them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I'm odd in that I only put my engagement and wedding rings on when I leave the house and once I'm home, they're usually off the first time I wash my hands/the dishes etc. They mostly live in a ring box on my dresser.
    I'm the same. I feel more comfortable with them off than on, so once I'm home off they come!

I put mine on a little jewellery stand thing that sits on top of a set of drawers in our room. DS tends to leave them alone, so it's a good spot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly congratulations
    I usually wear mine 24/7, for me it feels weird to take them off and being so expensive I'm scared I will lose them even though they are insured. I would hate to lose them for their sentimental value.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wear my wedding bands 24/7 (except at the moment, I'm pregnant and don't want to risk swelling as it gets hotter). I put my engagement ring on when I go out. It lives in the bathroom cabinet usually, but right now it's around my neck on a necklace.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My engagement, wedding and eternity are all connected and I take them off every night, I have a beautiful little wooden box on top of the bathroom cabinet they go into.
    Last edited by French Pear; 07-10-2014 at 13:44.