+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cosmetic Mole Removal

Has anyone had this done?? I'm after any info/advice! There are so many clinics to choose from and various different methods (laser, shaving and radiofrequency diathermy) and most are very expensive (especially as I have several I would like removed). Just wondering if it is a case of the more expensive, the better the result?? Can anyone tell me there experience - was it worth it, did you have scarring?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm interested in this too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Star Light  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing

5. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Star Light  (27-09-2014)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a shave biopsy on a discolouration mark on my cheek , sort of the front most part of my cheekbone so very much front and centre. I had to wear a patch on it for a day then just keep it covered with vaseline for about 8 to 10 days. I had it done in april and the dermatologist told me it would be red for many months. It is just vaguely pink now but I would not call it a scar. I am so happy it was done. I never I used to leave the house without make up because of this thing and I will very happily go shopping with a bare face. Completely changed the way I look at myself. It cost just under 400 for the consultation and biopsy with the private dermatologist.
    Will try to post a pic.

Where is the mole
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Star Light  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. I'm so sick of being so self-conscious! I feel like it's time to do something, i'm just really scared i'll spend all this money and just end up with scars. They are mostly on my back. I hate that I can't go swimming without a t-shirt... And I even feel self-conscious with my partner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one shaved off my back a few weeks ago. It was done by my GP (he also works in a dermatology practice though).

The local anaesthetic stung a bit but I felt nothing after that. It was sore and a bit red for a few days afterwards. It formed a scab, and after that came off there was a small pink scar, but it is quite faint now. It's only been a few weeks so I expected it will fade further.

I paid for the initial consultation ( normal GP consultation fee) but was bulk billed for the follow up appointment, when I had it removed.

EDIT: Just adding that I'm happy I had it done, and I've found the scar to be much less noticeable than the mole was.

I do have a relative who has scarring years after having several moles removed, but it was done surgically with stitches. I believe the methods used these days are much better, in terms of minimising scarring.
    Last edited by sky1; 28-09-2014 at 11:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shaving seems much better than cutting and stitching. I have had a couple of moles cut out and they scarred but the mark on my face and a mole I had shaved off my back recently have been a much better result.

TBH I don't care about scarring on my back because I don't show my back off (I wear a sun shirt when swimming and don't wear low backs or strappy clothing).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    As promised, here is where I had the shave biopsy in April. 1411828250006.jpg

Please don't quote. I might come back and delete later.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Star Light  (02-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had about 4 moles removed from my face. They were cut out and stitched by a plastic surgeon. I have no scars (I was surprised as I got a big keloid scar from my cs).

For moles on my face I wouldn't trust a GP to cut it out. My sister had a mole removed by a GP and ended up with a big keloid scar, for subsequent moles she removed she went to the plastic surgeon I used and there were no scars.

Last edited by Night Owl; 28-09-2014 at 00:09.