+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    924
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked
    224
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    Hi again, we used Sensational Kids in Sydney South- not sure where you are based, but their website may be useful to you- the OT can focus on all sorts of things eg: staying on task, appropriate responses, managing anxiety, risk-taking behaviour- so it would be good to look around for one that specifically focuses on issues required. Our DS2 was 5 and 6 at the time and it sure helped a lot!
    I am in Perth. I'll have a look on their website and see what I can find, and also book an appointment with the gp and talk to the OT when we see her next to get her suggestions too. Cover all bases

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to twolittlemunchkins For This Useful Post:

    littleriv  (22-09-2014)

  3. #12
    SuperGranny's Avatar
    SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    sunshine coast qld
    Posts
    6,559
    Thanks
    5,360
    Thanked
    3,082
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, im sorry I don't remember the hubbers name, but there was someone back a while ago, similar problems and found cutting out all wheat / gluten from the childs diet fixed so many behaviour issues. It took about 5 weeks for the gluten to get out of the childs system, but the end result was simply amazing. I notice you said you limit sugar and preservatives and that is what reminded me of the gluten /wheat connection. might be worth a try also. marie..

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,576
    Thanks
    849
    Thanked
    1,073
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twolittlemunchkins View Post
    I am in Perth. I'll have a look on their website and see what I can find, and also book an appointment with the gp and talk to the OT when we see her next to get her suggestions too. Cover all bases
    If you find a good place, let me know.. I'm in Perth too and would love the name of a good OT

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    924
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked
    224
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    If you find a good place, let me know.. I'm in Perth too and would love the name of a good OT
    No problem, I'll keep you posted

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    924
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked
    224
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a morning bump incase anyone else has some suggestions

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,496
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked
    94
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't know how much help I can be but my 4 DD sounds exactly the same. Have you read fed up by Sue denegate? Eye opening book. We are yet to try the full elimination diet but have cut out most preservatives and additives. My DD used to live on fruit but after learning about salisalites we cut her fruit intake to almost none and it helped a lot. I find that grapes and strawberries are the worst for her, she does mental. Anyway there is a website too with loads of info

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to pippi For This Useful Post:

    twolittlemunchkins  (25-10-2014)

  9. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    Sounds exactly like my son. It's exhausting so I completely understand your frustration. We tried everything and then some, including changes to diet, giving supplements, different management strategies the lot. In the end we went to see a Developmental Paediatrician and after an assessment etc he was diagnosed with ADHD. I actually felt better because I couldn't work out what we were doing wrong. Now, the quality of life for him and us is sooo much better because we are now able to manage him and he is happier and doing really well at kindy. So, my advice, go an see a Developmental Paed and go from theređŸ˜€

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to fiona76 For This Useful Post:

    twolittlemunchkins  (25-10-2014)

  11. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    924
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked
    224
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    I don't know how much help I can be but my 4 DD sounds exactly the same. Have you read fed up by Sue denegate? Eye opening book. We are yet to try the full elimination diet but have cut out most preservatives and additives. My DD used to live on fruit but after learning about salisalites we cut her fruit intake to almost none and it helped a lot. I find that grapes and strawberries are the worst for her, she does mental. Anyway there is a website too with loads of info
    Hi, sorry I only just saw this comment. I'm halfway through the Sue Denegate book. I've cut out a lot of preservatives and additives with no result. I'll finish the book then will look into playing around with removing other foods. Id love to do the fail safe diet properly but it's too overwhelming! Maybe I should try cutting out the fruit, he eats at least a banana and handful of grapes daily.
    Thanks for tip!

  12. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    924
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked
    224
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fiona76 View Post
    Sounds exactly like my son. It's exhausting so I completely understand your frustration. We tried everything and then some, including changes to diet, giving supplements, different management strategies the lot. In the end we went to see a Developmental Paediatrician and after an assessment etc he was diagnosed with ADHD. I actually felt better because I couldn't work out what we were doing wrong. Now, the quality of life for him and us is sooo much better because we are now able to manage him and he is happier and doing really well at kindy. So, my advice, go an see a Developmental Paed and go from theređŸ˜€
    I have had the feeling for a while that he may have ADD or ADHD. My little brother has it and I think it can run in the family. Since writing my original post he has calmed down slightly. It's like he goes through stages where all of a sudden he is absolutely uncontrollable and crazy, then a few weeks later just as suddenly he is slightly calmer. So strange. He is still challenging but a little easier to deal with lately. I'll look into a developmental pead. Thanks!

  13. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,989
    Thanks
    7,815
    Thanked
    6,772
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Not sure if it's available where you are but have a look a triple P parenting. It's great!

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

    twolittlemunchkins  (25-10-2014)


 

Similar Threads

  1. My nearly 7 year olds behaviour, is this normal?
    By Jodes86 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 19:28
  2. Phsychologist for my 4yr olds behaviour?
    By 2ndtimemumma in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 19:55
  3. two year old behaviour help!
    By jussi in forum 2 year olds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 19:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Prams and StrollersLooking to buy a pram or stroller? :: Viewer reviews of prams :: Pram Buyers ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Positive Ovulation Test 6+ days in a row???Conception & Fertility General Chat
Daycare educator / teacher giftsGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Delightful DecemberConception & Fertility General Chat
Noble NovemberConception & Fertility General Chat
High Natural Killer Cells #10Reproductive Immunology
Hard to settle day and nightGeneral Sleeping & Settling Chat
Toenail fungusGeneral Health
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›