it's understandable you are wary of a fresh cycle after having one before but you had your beautiful daughter in between so who knows how your body will respond this time, hopefully it will remember that pregnant feeling and fresh will be a success
Results 31 to 40 of 1850
22-09-2014 16:34 #31
The Following User Says Thank You to loulabubble For This Useful Post:
22-09-2014 16:57 #32Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2013
Hello again all the cycle buddies:-) finally we can start the cycle again, I'm also waiting for ET at the end of this week if everything goes well, FS double my Gonal-F to 50 units after BT last Friday, BT again tomorrow, hopefully hormones are raising to the level that FS wants. @amiracle4me what kind of drugs are you using for your cycle?
Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app
22-09-2014 17:22 #33Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2014
Hi ladies, have been lurking for a while but it now looks inevitable we will be starting our first cycle of IVF next month.
Paper work is all submitted, counselling session tomorrow, FS appointment early October to discuss treatment then we're ready to start.
Have been doing lots of reading but I get the feeling nothing can prepare you for what's to come. Any advice or words of wisdom from those in the know would be great.
22-09-2014 17:51 #34
1. Expect a rollercoaster of ups and downs, moments like getting your fertilisation report are pretty brilliant, but ivf simply gets you PUPO and sometimes that includes early losses which are devastating. Hang in there and you'll get your take-home baby. IVF does work.
2. Don't be scared of the injections. They don't hurt and compared to surviving the TWW they are easy peasy.
3. Be kind to yourself. IVF is a good time to not punish yourself for other things like having a perfect diet or clean house.
4. Partners do have intense feelings about IVF, sometimes they show it in different ways. Talking to each other often helps.
22-09-2014 18:05 #35
The drugs aren't necessarily too bad, each person reacts to them differently
Sometimes IVF is a numbers game, so be prepared for more than 1 cycle
Numbers can drop off very quickly, for example my first cycle:- 28 follicles, 7 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 transfered, none frozen.
Everyone is different though, you may get 18 frosties like @amiracle4me
Good luck, hope your journey is short and sweet!
22-09-2014 18:06 #36
- be prepared for ups and downs and be kind to yourself
- make sure you have some form of support, whether it be counselling, your partner or a family member or friend (depending on who you plan to tell or not tell)
- physically i found the jabbing ok - the thought of it was worse than the actual case (are you doing it yourself or will someone be helping you?)
- also the EPU and ET were ok but found the hormonal swings hard to deal with (and I usually have them with AF but this was something else!)
- finally, make sure to drink lots and lots of water, it helps with the bloating.
22-09-2014 18:07 #37
22-09-2014 18:10 #38
totally random post but i seem to be having lots of trouble with the formatting of my posts (enters don't seem to leave blank lines) anyone know a way around this?? i had trouble with IE (would miss a few letters every word) so have switched to mozilla which is better but still not great. hrmmm.
22-09-2014 20:27 #39
Hi and welcome to all of you lovely ladies. May October give us all the joy we want! Wishing you all lots of luck x
22-09-2014 20:29 #40
By rainbowbabe in forum IVFReplies: 451Last Post: 31-10-2014, 21:18
By shell'80 in forum IVFReplies: 930Last Post: 05-11-2013, 20:02
By Jb2011 in forum IVFReplies: 920Last Post: 15-10-2013, 21:39
Pea Pods Reusable NappiesPea Pods are the smart choice when it comes to choosing what's best for you, your baby and the environment. Affordable ...
LATESTWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at homeGuide to government family benefit payments
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
I am... #20General Chat
For those of you with babies and toddlers....General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Help with baby names please!Choosing Baby Names
Would you breastfeed in public?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat