+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 563
  1. #141
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,485
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked
    271
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just got them from my local $2 shop

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to jade24 For This Useful Post:

    ExcuseMyFrench  (30-09-2014)

  3. #142
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,322
    Thanks
    980
    Thanked
    959
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ended up fasting today instead of yesterday and think I've done the best so far

    No breakfast
    Lunch- salad with salmon and cottage cheese 142cal
    2014-09-30 13.17.22.jpg


    afternoon-1/2 a punnet of strawberries 44cal
    dinner-2 egg omelet with mushrooms cheese and salad 263cal
    2014-09-30 18.17.38.jpg

    Planning on the second 1/2 of the strawberries this evening -44cal

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

    HarvestMoon  (30-09-2014),jade24  (30-09-2014)

  5. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked
    43
    Reviews
    0
    I really have to do some fast days, since I've moved house a month ago I've gained about 2kg.

  6. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeralddolly84 View Post
    I really have to do some fast days, since I've moved house a month ago I've gained about 2kg.
    Definitely jump on board, it's always easier when you can share the experience and have the support of others.

    Who has a fast day tomorrow? I'm thinking I will do mon, wed, & fri this week as I'm going away over the weekend and am likely to binge. I want to offset the damage I will do.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  7. #145
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,263
    Thanks
    763
    Thanked
    785
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm fasting tomorrow and Friday!
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 01-10-2014 at 09:14.

  8. #146
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked
    43
    Reviews
    0
    I'm going to fast today too.

  9. #147
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    344
    Thanks
    157
    Thanked
    240
    Reviews
    0
    I'm on today as well. Once again I forgot what day it was yesterday! Love how flexible this is though!

  10. #148
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    886
    Thanked
    183
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, mind if I join in. I've been reading along and now been following the 5:2 diet for 2 weeks now and my weigh has gone up!!
    I started at 59.1 and this morning I'm over 60kgs. I'm really strict on fast days, I don't really calculate calories on feast days but don't generally go overboard.

    Can anyone think of why the scales would be going up?? I know I don't have much to lose but I didn't expect to gain weight

    Please help

  11. #149
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13,067
    Thanks
    9,846
    Thanked
    12,964
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 3bubbys View Post
    Hi ladies, mind if I join in. I've been reading along and now been following the 5:2 diet for 2 weeks now and my weigh has gone up!!
    I started at 59.1 and this morning I'm over 60kgs. I'm really strict on fast days, I don't really calculate calories on feast days but don't generally go overboard.

    Can anyone think of why the scales would be going up?? I know I don't have much to lose but I didn't expect to gain weight

    Please help
    1. It could be fluid retention for that time of the month?
    2. Bottom line calories in+colories out (exercise) = weight gain/loss. If you are putting on weight look at what you are eating on your binge days and look at how active you have been (with restricting calories to 500 on certain days you will be lucky to have enough energy to f@rt let alone exercise effectively).
    3. Also restricting your calories so drastically is going to fu@k with your metabolism (your body goes into starvation mode, reserving fat stores, making it more difficult to lose weight) etc.

    Sorry ladies I think this is an unhealthy fad that isn't sustainable.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    3bubbys  (01-10-2014)

  13. #150
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Adelaide SA
    Posts
    4,843
    Thanks
    716
    Thanked
    733
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    1. It could be fluid retention for that time of the month?
    2. Bottom line calories in+colories out (exercise) = weight gain/loss. If you are putting on weight look at what you are eating on your binge days and look at how active you have been (with restricting calories to 500 on certain days you will be lucky to have enough energy to f@rt let alone exercise effectively).
    3. Also restricting your calories so drastically is going to fu@k with your metabolism (your body goes into starvation mode, reserving fat stores, making it more difficult to lose weight) etc.

    Sorry ladies I think this is an unhealthy fad that isn't sustainable.
    Have you read any research on it vic park?
    Body doesn't go into starvation mode after such a small fast.
    I was skeptical as well until I started looking into it.

    I find this an adaptable way of life and easy to follow. Much easier restricting calories on only two days a week than restricting them every day.
    Last edited by moongazer; 01-10-2014 at 10:49.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Fasting for surgery advice please :)
    By alexis243 in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-08-2014, 19:14
  2. What was you GD diet?
    By catemer in forum Gestational Diabetes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-06-2014, 12:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
LCF Fun Languages AustraliaFrench, Spanish, Mandarin, Italian & German lessons for children 0-12 years. Play-based and immersion language ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›