Play at neighbourhood park
Collect shells (we lived near a beach at one stage)
Collect and paint small rocks
Arts and crafts
Hide and seek
+ Reply to Thread
Results 21 to 30 of 38
15-09-2014 12:46 #21-
- Join Date
- Nov 2013
15-09-2014 13:09 #22
Ride my bike around the suburb with my friends
Our tennis court was used a lot and not just for tennis - skateboarding, roller skating, basketball
Swim in neighbours pool
Cabbage patch kids
Play board games (monopoly, hungry hippo, payday, operation, guess who)
And the biggest of all for me for as long as I can remember - dance. I was either self choreographing or practicing my class work. No real surprise that I'm a dance teacher for a living!
15-09-2014 13:17 #23
- Computer games (my Dad needed one for work, so we had a computer at home since the early 80's)
- Nintendo/Sega Master System
- Lots of outdoor play - trampoline, backyard cricket with my dad and brother, playing with the dog, riding bikes, swimming, exploring the creek
- One summer holidays my mum (who was mostly a SAHM) had a day job, so my brother and I would make prank calls pretending we were a radio station and asking people to 'guess this song'. No one fell for it
- Hanging out with neighbourhood kids
- Going to the corner store and buying SO much stuff for $2.00 and having a little 'pig out' at the park!
- Playing at the park down the road
- When a particular family of friends visited our family, all us kids would put on a play for the parents. I'm sure they were often painful and boring to watch
- Sometimes my brother and I would play a game of locking each other out of the house. Once I enraged him so much he chased me down the street with a hard plastic baseball bat! Ahhh, good times.
- Hide and seek
- Repeatedly watching the movie Kindergarten Cop
15-09-2014 13:58 #24
The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:
15-09-2014 14:14 #25
Get ready to hold on to your seats parents of the 21st century...
When I was a kid, you wanna know what I did? Really? Are you sitting down? Okay, here it goes...
I used to play completely and utterly unsupervised at the lake that was just 5 minutes walk from my house I would spend from after breakfast until dinner time, at the lake, some times my dogs would follow me down, other times not. There were no other people around. Just me and a large body of unfenced lake
Sometimes, I would even pop my gumboots on and when the lake was high, I would wade in the water and play on my little 'island' which was naturally, surrounded by water.
AND y'know what else? Sometimes, I used to swim at the lake. all on my own Shocking stuff eh?
And, if I wasn't at the lake, I was trawling the bushland at the back of our house. With Tassie devils, wombats, echidnas, ticks, leeches and, in summer...snakes
And lastly, I was often found just walking around or riding my bike with the dogs following me, exploring, for hours at a time. I would do these things in the sun, in the rain, even in knee deep snow (except for the swimming, only did that in summer!). Yep. I did all of that, I was as young as 6 and as old as 10
Bet not many kids get up to that sort of thing these days
The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:
15-09-2014 14:16 #26
15-09-2014 14:23 #27
15-09-2014 15:16 #28
What a nice trip down memory lane! I did a lot of this stuff as a kid plus
- my best friend and I always had a cubby house somewhere, we'd hole up in there and play dollies or act out our favourite tv shows
- she lived on a farm so we'd play with the baby animals, swing out of the rafters in the hay shed and go for rides on the tractor with her dad.
- I grew up in the countryside so we'd roam the fields and hills, in winter we'd wear our gumboots and go skating on frozen ponds, in summer we'd take a picnic up the local hill, in autumn we'd take bags and comb the hedges for delicious wild hazelnuts
- I read books upon books upon books. I was a member of two local libraries, and I joined up my four siblings as well so I could take out about 30 squillion books for myself lol
- As a teenager I rode my bike a lot, visiting nearby friends and towns. I was pretty fit when I think back.
15-09-2014 15:19 #29
@Degrassi we used to make prank calls too, we knew how to make free calls from the local phone box. One time we called about 5 houses asking to speak to "Mike", at the 5th house Mikes wife (I think) flipped out at us, demanding to know who we were and where Mike had been last night eek!
15-09-2014 15:24 #30
The first stuff that comes to mind is that I used to spend hours bouncing a tennis ball against the wall and catching it.
And arranging toys and blocks into neat lines and categories…
I was a strange child. I had fun though.
The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:
By NAT256 in forum Babies (3 - 6 months)Replies: 8Last Post: 21-01-2014, 20:32
By rollercoaster2012 in forum Toddlers (1 year olds)Replies: 3Last Post: 05-01-2014, 06:42
By Funchu in forum General ChatReplies: 19Last Post: 10-10-2013, 19:52
Billington StreetFor stationery as unique as you are! ♥ Handmade, custom designed stationery for all of life's celebrations WINNER ...
LATESTWhy it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at home
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
I am... #20General Chat
Lunch box ideas that doesn't include sandwichRecipes & Lunchbox Ideas
Pelvic floor exercises - extra helpGeneral Health
Inheritance WWYDGeneral Chat
Loan for a businessFamily Finances
Do u take it personally? Kids friends..General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
IVF babies due June/July/August 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Welcome to the BubHub!Introductions