Closed Thread
Page 73 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tazz475 View Post
    Are you back at work/have you told work yet?
    We're trying to wait until the baby is born to announce on facebook, that way we'll freak everyone out who hasn't bothered to come and catch up with us in 40 weeks.
    I'll pm u tazz

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lilyloubelle For This Useful Post:

tazz475  (25-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    He has had the vaccine and I had chicken pox when I was 12. I just know sometimes the vaccine doesn't work. DH has had the pox three times so I'm wondering if DS will inherit that crapulous immune response from him.

I was thinking mozzie bites were a possibility but there were a lot of them!
    Hmmmmmm how strange if she did.

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Very irresponsible on mums behalf if it was chicken pox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyloubelle View Post
    I gave in and announced on Facebook today
    yay!! how exciting!!

Quote Originally Posted by tazz475 View Post
    Are you back at work/have you told work yet?
    We're trying to wait until the baby is born to announce on facebook, that way we'll freak everyone out who hasn't bothered to come and catch up with us in 40 weeks.
    HAHA!! I was going to do this!! I gave in, and done a huge speel on new years about the previous year, how i set out to lose weight as my new year resolution, lost 25kgs, how much DS has grown etc...and how DS is excited about starting kinder this year, how its going to be a busy year ETC...and snuck in a little "And we look foward to our family growing by an extra 10 fingers and toes" ...
    Hardly any bites!! Nothing like i expected, so im assuming hardly anyone paid attention. Wont they get a shock in 10wks when i put up newbie pics! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    Ok, trying really hard not to stress about this but tell me what you think.

I went to a shopping centre today with my two year old DS. We were near a kiddie play area. At one stage he ran over to a little girl who was eating hot chips and made a beeline for the chips. My husband grabbed him and he was only near the girl for a minute or so but when I looked at the girl, I saw her body was covered in red spots. It wouldn't be chicken pox would it? No one would take a kid to a play area with full blown pox would they???
    OMG!! I hope not! It could be heaps of things, but hopefully nothing contageous I stay home while DS is sick or has a rash...even just a cold.... why cant other parents do the same!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

tazz475  (26-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow good work on personals shadow. I'm always on ipad so can't seem to workout how to do multiple quotes.

I put up a rhyme ...the sitting in a tree, k I s s I n g, first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes...

Just yuh needed some positivity and happy surrounding things.... People r busy bodies... So got heaps of snaps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally ordered baby furniture today.... Eeekkkkkkkkkkk

Thanks
    Reviews
    haha very cute!!

EEEK!!! it makes it so much more real having that ordered! What did you get??

We STILL haven't ordered our cot/change table!!! We have a basinette though And portacot, and even DS's cot, but i want a new one. DS totally trashed it. lol

We know what we want, but know we have a bit after bub comes to get the cot at least, thinking of getting change table in the next few weeks.

72 days at the MOST till we meet bub!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG ladies, help! How did you ladies make it through "that" day? The same pregnancy milestone as your most emotionally painful loss?? I'm 11 weeks and this is when we lost our furtherest along angel bub back in March.....by far the worst day of my life that I can still picture and relive like it was yesterday! We had already seen a great heartbeat and growth on two previous scans and my DH was a bit busy that day at work so because I was feeling so confident, I told him it was cool and that I'd just go to that scan on my own as the 12 week NT scan was the following week and he could just come to that more exciting one anyway. My Ob started the abdominal scan but couldn't find the heartbeat (I guess he might have known from then) but because I have a tilted uterus, he said he'd have to do an internal scan and so after he started that, he just went silent and kept looking and looking and not saying anything while I tried to read his face.....until I said, "There's no heartbeat is there?" And he said after a pause..."No, I'm so sorry but there is not". It was just so shocking and unexpected! My BFF was due one week after me and was so excited to hear about my scan as she had hers the following week and we had been comparing symptoms which were pretty much the same (even though my baby was dead). I had my DD's big 2nd birthday party with all of the family and a bunch of her little friends the following day....which I'm f@rked if I know how but, I went ahead with it! I think I was in shock/denial. I had the D&C three days later. I think it took about two weeks for it to actually hit me and everyday I just wanted to go to sleep and never wake up....I can not go through that again, I'd lose the plot for sure.

Anyway, I've barely had a wink of sleep and I have "that" scan today at 12:50 I think I'll be crying and dry- retching before he's even started it! Same Obstetrician, same room and bed annnnd my DH really can't make today's scan (thank goodness my mom can though!). I just want today over with....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

Reina83  (27-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee I'm so so so sorry for what you've been through and at 11 weeks that would have been so hard!
    I think the fact that you've got a support person with you today is the most important thing, other than that I really don't have much advice. Sorry
    Good luck today and I'm sure everything will be fine!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Reina83 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (27-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Laydee im so sorry for your loss.
    I really have no advice, as we werent 100% sure when my last AF was and my cycles were longer. Bub measured 5w3d...i done the calculations later on and i would have been 8wks. At first we just thought it was too early...But when the bleeding and cramping started, we knew...2 scans later confirmed it.

Its such a hard, emotional day...just try and trust that your body knows what its doing and that this bub isnt going anywhere. Its all i done Just kept telling myself.. "its sticky, its sticky..."

In having said that, i think ive been in denial for about 26 weeks that im pregnant again! haha. Id hardly done anything until a couple weeks ago Despite the kicks, scans, and bump!

Anyway...best of luck for today, i cant wait to hear how bub is growing and to see a pic!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (27-01-2015),Reina83  (27-01-2015)