Closed Thread
Page 11 of 98 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome and congrats @LittleM.
    Hang in there. do what you can to ease your mind... i done 9 first response tests 1 pregnosis and 3 digitals.

i needed to see those lines daily...but also see the progression getting darker.

early on if you have a good gp you can get a few blood tests to see howyour hormones are increasing. if they are doubling every 48hrs ( or less) that's a good start. they slow down as you get further along.

We had been trying for 20 months... id lost all hope and given up trying... went away for a week and while away thought i should get a test... and now I'm here

in those early days i was in such denial.... i could have sworn it was just "too easy" to just happen like that...and was so petrified it would disappear at any point..

and.. sorry ladies... you never stop checking the toilet paper after a loss. mine was over 4yrs ago and its still habit... even in labour with my ds i checked the tp...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im just hanging out for my nt scan.... I've crossed one hurdle in that ive seen a blob and a heartbeat. .. just cant help feeling uneasy im past the time I had my scan that was empty last time... but I didnt start bleeding for 3 weeks.... I just wish I could be enjoying this.

No relief about the checking for blood .. bummer shadow angel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyloubelle View Post
    Im just hanging out for my nt scan.... I've crossed one hurdle in that ive seen a blob and a heartbeat. .. just cant help feeling uneasy im past the time I had my scan that was empty last time... but I didnt start bleeding for 3 weeks.... I just wish I could be enjoying this.

No relief about the checking for blood .. bummer shadow angel
    You're doing so well. I think the first trimester sucks even when you've never had a mc. How long til your nt scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    You're doing so well. I think the first trimester sucks even when you've never had a mc. How long til your nt scan?
    3 weeks, 2 days.

I think what annoys me most is I've seen someone due around the same time as me already announce on Facebook, just knowing the hurt I've been through.... Why would u publicise when things can go so wrong ?
    (edit the friend didn't know about my mc...more saying when it's such an uncertain time . )
    Last edited by lilyloubelle; 09-11-2014 at 00:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    3 weeks, 2 days.

I think what annoys me most is I've seen someone due around the same time as me already announce on Facebook, just knowing the hurt I've been through.... Why would u publicise when things can go so wrong ?
    Is it their first?

For me, we announced our first to everyone, and a week later i MCd. We were just so excited and happy we couldn't contain it. It was our first (well my first, DF has older kids) and we hadnt even considered that something could go wrong...I was pregnant...woohoo! We were having a baby...

DS we waited till 12 weeks

This time, we still havent announced at 18 + weeks, and may not announce it at all or until i can definately no longer hide my bump (Still a while to go yet )

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 weeks, 2 days.

I think some people have no idea how bad it is. They get it into their heads that things are unlikely to go wrong but if they do they'll have all this support. What they forget is that baby news travels far and wide and they end up being asked how the pregnancy is going by a mere acquaintance at a work function and have to explain the situation then.

Or else they really are just that open and confident and have faith that they can deal with anything. I would have no idea how that feels!

Thanks
    Reviews
    First pregnancy... Old friend who I saw on Facebook cause of profile pic.

I told my sister first time... But that was it.... This time round just on here.... And even after the 12 week not sure when I'll announce on social media.

My sil told us at 6 weeks... My sis told us all bout 8 weeks first time, then told me bout the same time second round.... I'm waiting till after next lot of tests before announcing to family too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by LittleM; 01-03-2015 at 16:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately I don't think you ever truly enjoy a pregnancy after loss, it does get easier once you have gotten past he point of your previous loss(es) but I have found that I the fear has never really left me and I'm 33 weeks. But as I have mentioned earlier I didn't have a miscarriage my DD2 was stillborn at 20 weeks so I'm always worried.

But once you get last the point of those losses, have your NT scan and start to feel movements things will get easier feels like forever away!

I also have a Doppler which I used a lot to listen to the baby's heartbeat which I found helped me. Some people can find the heartbeat really early I think I picked mine up about 12 weeks.

Congratulations on the pregnancy and sorry for your loss.

As Shadow said you never stop checking the toilet paper!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all

Apologies for what I'm sure will be a long post...

I hope it's ok that I join in on this thread… I actually feel a little guilty about jumping in here so I really hope that it's ok.

I have just read through all of these pages and read all of your stories…

I had a m/c in Feb of this year. I didn't know I was pg until I was almost 10 weeks along. I had got a period the month before and only tested after AF was over a week late. I am like clockwork and also always have safe sex so I tested, knowing it would be negative… It wasn't.

I was pretty terrified as ever since I was a little girl (am now 29) I have known that I haven't wanted children. I have also been told by a doc in the past (at around 23) that I wouldn't be able to conceive. I was pretty ok with it, having the outlook that if it were going to happen to anyone, I was glad it was me because I didn't want to be a mother anyway.

That ALL changed the second I saw the BFP back in Jan. After the initial shock, it suddenly became the most important thing in the world. My OH is younger than I am and was pretty scared, not knowing if he wanted the baby. It was quite a stressful time and I started cramping at what I thought was 5 weeks so went to the hospital. They gave me an U/S and told me I was more like 10 weeks and that that baby was fine. They were extremely dismissive and I lost the baby a few weeks later.

Since then, I've decided to be positive and know that what I took out of that experience is that I actually DO want children and that contrary to what the doc told me a number of years ago, I can conceive.

A few months ago, my OH and I sat down and had a chat. Since he is younger, we were having a chat about the future and babies. We decided on waiting 2-3 years to start TTC and were quite happy with that and continued to have safe sex.

A few weeks ago we were having a few drinks and just being goofy and the conversation somehow got onto what happens if men get BFPs on hpts. (I think it was because of 'Friends'). We speculated on the prostate cancer theory and he asked if I had any hpts. I said I wasn't sure and would check if I had one left over from last time. It turns out I had two. He laughed and said we should both take one (AF wasn't due for 5 days and we always have safe sex) so I shrugged and agreed knowing there was no way.

We took the tests and went downstairs and had another drink, totally forgetting. Maybe an hour later he jumped up and said "OH!! We forgot to go check our negative pregnancy tests!!" So we did… And one was positive.

I didn't exactly take it well. After last time, I struggled a lot until what would have been just after the due date of the angel baby but had finally come to terms with it all and started loving my life and loving the fact that I could achieve a lot in the next three years before attempting to start our family. I'd made plans… We had made plans together… And my career!!

He was wonderful, throwing his arms around me and saying congratulations, patting my hair as I cried and muttered that the BFP could still be his test ().

At that point it was early… Not quite 4 weeks. I am now 6 +4 and have just had my first scan and saw a healthy heart beat.

I am excited now but truly terrified. I feel terribly guilty that so many wonderful women try so hard and that I have managed to fall twice in 12 months having safe sex, especially being a woman who didn't want children.

At this point, I am excited but trying so hard to not be after last time. I am just trying to go with the flow and take it all as it comes. I am a LOT less stressed than last time which is good and OH is excited and amazing.

WOW. Sorry for the long post and congrats if you got through it!!
    Last edited by squishest; 09-11-2014 at 10:17.