+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My poor son has had the same thing......a persistent cough for about 3 months since he started at crèche. It's been really tough as it effects his ability to eat, drink and sleep. I have taken him to so any Drs and then to the Royal Children's Hospital and they all said it's viral and nothing will help except time.....it's so frustrating but I'm hoping now that winter is over things will get better (our holiday to a tropical climate made the cough worse)! Good luck to all the parents going through this, it's a rough time.....

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoD View Post
    My poor son has had the same thing......a persistent cough for about 3 months since he started at crèche. It's been really tough as it effects his ability to eat, drink and sleep. I have taken him to so any Drs and then to the Royal Children's Hospital and they all said it's viral and nothing will help except time.....it's so frustrating but I'm hoping now that winter is over things will get better (our holiday to a tropical climate made the cough worse)! Good luck to all the parents going through this, it's a rough time.....

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thanks. I'm hoping the same thing. Bring on Spring :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    An update. After going back to our GP (not our usual one), and getting the brush off again, I collected DD from daycare today and her carer said she was concerned about her cough . I said, yeah me too but nobody seems to think it's an issue! She said I should go back to the GP and demand a better examination. Long story short: pneumonia!
    :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulK View Post
    An update. After going back to our GP (not our usual one), and getting the brush off again, I collected DD from daycare today and her carer said she was concerned about her cough . I said, yeah me too but nobody seems to think it's an issue! She said I should go back to the GP and demand a better examination. Long story short: pneumonia!
    :-(
    Oh no. Chest x ray?
    Did you get antibiotics.
    Sent from my GT-P5220 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh no! Poor little thing. That's what I was worried about. Thankfully the steroids have helped my little man a lot and he just has 1-2 coughing fits a night now. We're still battling with his ears though, GP again on sat to see if they are any better.

I hope some antibiotics clear up the pneumonia quickly and there's no need for any hospital time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes she's got a strong double dose of ABs and we are monitoring her closely overnight. She tends to mask illness quite well, no matter how unwell she is she's not the type of kid to lie on the couch under a blanket, she will keep playing til she drops iykwim. So it's hard to know if we should take her to hosp or just wait and see... DH and I are going to take turns tonight keeping an eye on her and won't hesitate to take her in if she shows any signs of getting worse.

I just knew something was up, she was still very active this week but not her usual self, I couldn't put my finger on it exactly but deep down I was very worried about her. Moral of the story: always trust your instincts!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

Redcorset  (07-09-2014),Tamtam  (04-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was the same when she was little. She'd practically turn cartwheels down the hall into the doctor's office, they'd be looking at me like "you brought her in why?!?". Then check her out and be astounded she could even crack a smile.

Hope you have a good night and she gets better fast!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (04-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    That's only until you open the bottle though, once redipred is opened it only lasts 4 weeks in the fridge.
    Nope it doesn't need to be refrigerated and is fine to keep in your cupboard until the expiry. It's pred-mix that needs to be kept in the fridge and only lasts 4 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodeobull View Post
    Nope it doesn't need to be refrigerated and is fine to keep in your cupboard until the expiry. It's pred-mix that needs to be kept in the fridge and only lasts 4 weeks
    I have some redipred in the cupboard unopened and it states on the bottle "discard 4 weeks after opening" you don't have to refrigerate but I prefer to for the 4 weeks after opening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2yo dd has been coughing for around 4-5 weeks, just went and got antibiotics yesterday as it flared up again and she was getting stuffy in the nose. Hers started out as croup, and just wouldn't completely clear, hopefully antibiotics do it, and I can't believe your doc was so dismissive to what turned out to be pneumonia !!! I hope it all clears up and on the mend! Has made me be a bit more vigilant. we got it from a kids fun group where there was a green snotted child amongst them..... Seriously, that kind of green does not mean go, it means stay... Stay at home!!