Closed Thread
Page 22 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kel I never got a call from the actual FS, we would get the calls from the clinic nurses.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (10-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I never got a call from the FS either. In fact, I didn't even get a call after I miscarried between appointments on my second pregnancy (that fs was an OB too and had been going to manage my pregnancy)...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Vixjc that is terrible. I'm assuming you've gone with some different this time.
    @Helsbaby I'd be happy with a call from anyone but it seems minimal contact is part of the process at my clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never had a call from my FS after a failed cycle. This time I made an appointment to have a chat with him and went armed with a list of questions. I think each clinic does things a little bit differently but most of my contact is with the nurses. @Jem70 I haven't had good thaw rates and apparently putting 2 in can increase the success of 1, he said FS are notoriously bad at predicting twins and obviously the risk is increased but I am in a place where I figure I would rather have 2 than none. I am doing a different protocol this cycle and had an endo scratch yesterday so might wait and see what my fertilisation rates are. I hear you @Kelly70 the thought of twins on my own is pretty terrifying but so is being childless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littlesparrow74 View Post
    I have never had a call from my FS after a failed cycle. This time I made an appointment to have a chat with him and went armed with a list of questions. I think each clinic does things a little bit differently but most of my contact is with the nurses. @Jem70 I haven't had good thaw rates and apparently putting 2 in can increase the success of 1, he said FS are notoriously bad at predicting twins and obviously the risk is increased but I am in a place where I figure I would rather have 2 than none. I am doing a different protocol this cycle and had an endo scratch yesterday so might wait and see what my fertilisation rates are. I hear you @Kelly70 the thought of twins on my own is pretty terrifying but so is being childless.
    in awe of you @littlesparrow74 !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sparrow I'd do the same (although I am older than you) - chances of both taking are prob slim and you double your chances of a baby at the end.

If by chance you are blessed with two, you'll find a way to cope!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sparrow, I put in 2 for one of my cycles and had the same concerns as you, but unfortunately BFN for that cycle. You just don't know which way it will fall.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missed a call from my FS this arvo. Feeling a bit bad now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoops @Kelly70! Did she have any insight or words of wisdom for you? Does she know you are jumping ship?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I missed her call and she's not in the office (about to go on leave).. Her secretary wasn't about to give me her mobile number. I just said to let her know I was doing okay and was just happy to have made it to transfer. I also said I may cycle again on the same protocol whilst FS is on leave, seeing as we had a small success. I may end up back there if a Lynn won't let me cycle with low follicles.