+ Reply to Thread
Results 41 to 50 of 156
13-08-2014 17:12 #41
13-08-2014 17:14 #42
How quickly you may forget the pain!
First bub I had forgotten the actual physical pain of labour within a few days, emotional pain took another two years. Second bub I had 'forgotten' in under 3hrs.
wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
13-08-2014 17:22 #43
After my 2xCS's....
- When the anaesthetist says a CS is 'just like someone doing the washing up inside your belly' that it is a drastic understatement.
- That DH will have to hang onto your shoulders while the Obst tries to wrestle out the babies and you will have no living idea what is happening on the other side of that screen.... Apart from a weird slurping sound....
- That you might get sprayed in the face with umbilical cord blood when it is cut.
- That you will gladly swap those teeny tiny knickers for high waisted granny pants that could double as a flag.
- That it will be months before you will want to wear 'normal' jeans or pants again.
- That you will have a 'belly skin skirt'.
- That bonding may take a couple of weeks to happen (took weeks with DD but a few hours with DS).
- That wearing a pad tucked under your 'skin skirt' makes the CS wound feel a lot better.
- That your swollen feet and ankles will take 6w to go back to normal.
13-08-2014 17:22 #44
Without a doubt the dreaded 'after birth' pains, I didn't know they existed, let alone be prepared for them and also that they get worse with each subsequent birth. Magnesium is your friend!
13-08-2014 17:29 #45
Yes I agree with the swelling of the lady parts after a vag birth. I was horrified, it was like 2 tyre inner tubes down there!
13-08-2014 17:29 #46
The Day 3 blues...I felt so emotional and cried most of the day...my midwife said alot of women get the day 3 blues where they are emotional and exhausted. Also, the milk coming in hard and fast!! Couldn't believe how humongous, heavy and hard they were!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kellbell85 For This Useful Post:
13-08-2014 17:30 #47Senior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
13-08-2014 17:36 #48
#1 - That it's possible to give birth without one parent present and awake !!
#2 - That on day three I would cry all day and be a terrible mess, all the midwives acted like it was completely normal and expected... they could have told me that on day 2!!
13-08-2014 18:06 #49
That it would hurt getting up and put of bed for the first time after my c section.
That I would be a sobbing, emotional mess from the baby blues a few days after bub arrived.
That so many nurses would be touching my boobs trying to help me with breast feeding.
The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:
13-08-2014 18:16 #50
For me it would be just how involuntary the pushing becomes. My uterus completely took over and I had to breathe to slow it down. If I had been expecting it I probably wouldn't have torn as badly.
Also, that my body would decide to push out the dissolvable stitches instead of dissolving them. Didn't expect to have to get the damn things removed weeks later.
By mrstuilawa in forum General ChatReplies: 64Last Post: 17-11-2013, 16:49
By gloqui in forum Feeling aloneReplies: 10Last Post: 18-10-2013, 13:13
By DaveTTC in forum General ChatReplies: 25Last Post: 09-09-2013, 09:54
Shapland Swim SchoolsSemi private learn to swim classes for a maximum of 3 children in specialized heated teaching pools. Our swim schools ...
LATESTWhy it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at home
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
IUI - first time fertility treatmentNon-IVF fertility assistance
Any thoughts on my mysterious toddler? :-)General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Show me your lunchbox 2017!!Recipes & Lunchbox Ideas
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
IVF babies due March/April/May 2017#2pregnancy and babies through IVF
Implantation sickness?Conception & Fertility General Chat
Miracle March TTC and Testing ChatConception & Fertility General Chat