+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Embryo Transfer with Wazza Urgent Question???

HI Girls I am having my first embryo transfer with Wazza tomorrow. We are flying down from Cairns and just want to know how long we are kept at the theatre post transfer so I can either arrange flights home or a hotel and for tell our work places how long we will be away?

My transfer is at 11am how long should we allow post transfer?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Bella.........

Firstly, I've been watching your journey from the sidelines for quite sometime now and I just want to say congrat's on the wonderful outcome from this cycle. and you get your BFP Luv!!!

I think you're pretty much allowed to go whenever you like after ET...they kind of leave it up to you whether you want to kick back with a cuppa for 30mins-1hr or if you just want to go straight away... at least that's what it was like when I had my ET's. Enjoy the valium haze too!! I had the added bonus of pethidine on top as I have "issues" with my cervix due to scarring from past gynae procedures, so ET's are extremely painful for me...but not anymore!!!

Anyhoo...good luck lovely and I'll looking out for your updates

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Bellavista  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not with Wazza, but I was up and out straight after my ET. Just a bit of paperwork then change my clothes and off.
    From emby transfer was prob 20 mins and I was back in the street (or in the case with my DS, in a business meeting!).
    However I wasn't given any kind of sedative or medication for the procedure - and it was no worse than a Pap smear. They may keep you longer if they sedate you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Blonde I too have followed your journey and your wonderful pregnancy. Also I am so sorry I read the passing of your mum x thanks for advice re Wazza that helps so much. Gosh I hope this is it for me.

Bedlover thanks too I have had 7 other ET but the procedure is much different with Wazza you have to arrive an hour early and have Valium etc.

So excited will be pupo this time tomorrow

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellavista For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a word of warning with Wazza - last week I had a transfer with him and by the time we got to theatre we were about an hour and a half past the time they told me the transfer would be so maybe add on a bit of extra time incase he's running late? It was my first transfer with him so don't know if he regularly runs quite late! I knew my emby's were safe in the incubator and had no where to be so wasn't particularly bothered but would definitely have been stressed if I had to make a flight! And you definitely don't need any stress on such an important day. Good luck!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to scratchycat For This Useful Post:

Bellavista  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by scratchycat View Post
    Just a word of warning with Wazza - last week I had a transfer with him and by the time we got to theatre we were about an hour and a half past the time they told me the transfer would be so maybe add on a bit of extra time incase he's running late? It was my first transfer with him so don't know if he regularly runs quite late! I knew my emby's were safe in the incubator and had no where to be so wasn't particularly bothered but would definitely have been stressed if I had to make a flight! And you definitely don't need any stress on such an important day. Good luck!!
    Thanks for that we have hours spare so should be OK.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I left straight after transfer with wazza. I was so high on valium though that dh drove home and I went straight to bed and slept for a few hours! I wouldn't have liked to be heading straight for the airport but it depends how well you cope with valium!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @phee83 I am like you but unfortunately with DS in school and sport tomorrow we have to get home by the afternoon. I will snooze in the taxi qantas club plane and we only live 10 mins from airport at home. Will be I. Bed by 5pm. DH can pick up some dinner after footy training.
    Last edited by Bellavista; 11-08-2014 at 16:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Bella just want to say I hope with all my heart you get BFP and this is your end. I am so happy for you that your results so far are good. BOL with your transfer and keep me posted. I have sent my appointment with Wazza for Feb next year as well so am feeling slightly more optimistic about things but am also loving my much needed time out, trying to get over my sadness at having an awful few months and move forwards. Huge cyber hugs. xo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

Bellavista  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlee32 View Post
    Oh Bella just want to say I hope with all my heart you get BFP and this is your end. I am so happy for you that your results so far are good. BOL with your transfer and keep me posted. I have sent my appointment with Wazza for Feb next year as well so am feeling slightly more optimistic about things but am also loving my much needed time out, trying to get over my sadness at having an awful few months and move forwards. Huge cyber hugs. xo
    Sharlee thank you darling girl. I wish you all the best in February and in the mean time find some peace happiness and joy xxxx