+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help getting 8 month old out of swaddle!!

DD2 is almost 8 months and will not sleep unless traditionally swaddled or usually in her love to swaddle.

DD1 horrible sleeper!!!!!! I didn't sleep for 2 years with her!! She pushed her way out of swaddling very early so I am not sure how to do it?

DD2 is such a good sleeper 12 hours a night, not a peep out of her, she isn't I big fan of a dummy but she feeds to sleep in her swaddle, if I feed her to sleep unswaddled she wakes constantly untill I swaddle her?

So is it something they grow out of naturally or is this going to be a really hard habit to break? I have tried letting one arm free but same thing, keeps waking untill I tuck it back in!

Any experiences tips or advice would be much appreciated

Tia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To transition DD from love to dream swaddles to sleeping bags we bought 'sleepy wings' to put on over the sleeping bag and use those for a couple of weeks and then removed.

It allowed DD to adjust to the looseness around their torso (as opposed to the swaddle being tight) while keeping her arms in the same position, so one step at a time sort of thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recommend a woombie... they still swaddle them but give them more moving flexibility to get them used to some freedom while keeping them secure, then you can unzip it and leave an arm out at a time... then both....worked a treat for DS i got mine off ebay. Google "woombie"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Serenity Love For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The love to dream zip up swaddles have ones with zip off arms.

So you just take one off at a time until they get used to it.

Ds was fine with the first one out but the second one went back on a few times as he just wouldn't sleep without it. In the end I just had to take it off and deal with a few nights broken sleep (well more broken as he was already a terrible sleeper) until he got used to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was in her love to dream swaddle until 6 months, and the only reason she came out of it was because I started letting her sleep on her tummy. She settled a hundred times better on her tummy and needed her arms free to roll over if needed, so I moved her into a sleeping bag with no trouble. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    google angle wrapping technique (there is a you tube clip). I did this with DD2 when she was 8 m/o and over a period of weeks I made it a bit looser each time until eventually she was happy to sleep in a sleeping bag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone I have jumped online and ordered some sleepy wings! I hope the do the trick, I had such a bad sleeper with dd1 so I am a little scared to change things up with dd2 cos she sleeps soooo well! Wish me luck x