+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Any hairdressers on here? Or anyone who knows how to style a 'messy' bob?

I have my hair cut in a chin length messy bob. My hair is dead straight and very fine and I just can't get it to look decent! I've had this issue for 18 months now and have a 20 year school reunion coming up and don't want to spend the evening of that getting upset about my hair!! I need some advise on what I should be doing to it to make it look 'messy' but nice? It just looks plain messy and daggy ATM. I have hardly any knowledge of products so simple language will be welcome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I can't get my hair to do what it needs to do for an event I book in for a wash and blow dry. Makes life easy if you can do that and it always looks better than I can do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Subscribing for when I get my hair cut short next month! 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I used to have a concave bob, chin length, with fine hair. My advice, is to start sleek to give it a foundation. When it's damp, run some anti frizz product through it. Then allow to dry naturally. I don't blow dry as with fine hair I look like I'm stuck my finger in a power socket. Then straighten with a good straightener. That will give you a good base.

Then get some styling product to give volume and mess it up a bit. Spray with hair spray, but don't go over board on the product or your fine hair will look yuck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have shoulder length straight hair that always looks messy. Recently I brought a $20 hair straightener from Priceline - to be honest I was thinking, this is ridiculous, I have straight hair why do a need a straightener? But it makes a huge difference to my hair. I use an anti-frizz spray and then the hair straightener and it is amazing how much neater my hair look after it has been straightened, and it lasts a whole day or evening as well. Well worth the $20 for a cheapo straightener!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpottySocks For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (25-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I don't blow dry as with fine hair I look like I'm stuck my finger in a power socket. Then straighten with a good straightener. That will give you a good base.

Then get some styling product to give volume and mess it up a bit. Spray with hair spray, but don't go over board on the product or your fine hair will look yuck.
    Yes - this is the issue I am having. I got it lightened as well and it has dried it out a lot and now I do look like I have been electrocuted!
    I was checking out hair straighteners on you tube last night and how to use them. With dead straight hair I had never even considered such a thing...thanks all. I am afraid it is all going to fall out if I keep trying to style it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverClogs View Post
    Yes - this is the issue I am having. I got it lightened as well and it has dried it out a lot and now I do look like I have been electrocuted!
    I was checking out hair straighteners on you tube last night and how to use them. With dead straight hair I had never even considered such a thing...thanks all. I am afraid it is all going to fall out if I keep trying to style it.
    I would use a leave in conditioner. I'm currently using Keretinology by Sunsilk it's an overnight treatment.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (26-07-2014)