+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnant or Paranoid?

I'm REALLY paranoid about getting a mirena implanted tomorrow afternoon! I've had 4 children, youngest is 6 years old, I donated my eggs three times years ago, and signed paperwork understanding it could affect my fertility. I've been married to a man who had a vasectomy so didn't need to be concerned about contraception until now.
    I separated two years ago and have a new partner of 6 months now ❤️ I've been taking Primulot due to consistent unexplainable uterine bleeding but not using contraception, (thinking I wasn't real fertile anymore due to donating my eggs!)
    If I went a day without taking the Primulot I would bleed without fail! But last fortnight I stopped taking it and I haven't bled at all??? No pains nothing which is unusual for me!!! My partner is fully functional and fertile, stupid me booked myself in for a mirena to be inserted tomorrow but I'm paranoid I could be pregnant!?!? I'm 35... I'm scared about going to have the mirena put in tomorrow in case I am pregnant! I've taken a urine pregnancy test but it was negative. But it could be too early?

I'm not sure if I should wait to see if I get my period or not or if I should go ahead with the mirena tomorrow?
    To add to my confusion four days ago I was so instantly sick and nauseous it came on real suddenly... It hasn't ever happened before and hasn't happened since!
    I dunno what I should do and there's no foolproof way to find out definitely one way or the other by tomorrow!

Scared!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    They will do a test before they put it in and if they think its too early to pick up on a test they will probably get you to wait a week or 2 and retest. If there is any chance you could be pregnant they wont insert it until they know for sure you arent. Speaking from experience

He + Me = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014)
    Embrace the chaos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank u! I'm going to do another test in the morning to feel better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I know its easier said then done bit try not to stress too much. Just let the dr know your concerns.

Good luck, please let us know how you go!

Embrace the chaos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Dgnfly how did you go hun? Been thinking of you today.

Embrace the chaos

Thanks
    Reviews
    The OBGYN wouldn't put the mirena in due to my concerns and has advised me to start the pill until I get my period and then reschedule.
    I started the sugar pills three days ago and have had a very faint pink bleeding but nothing more than that?