+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Had an abortion years ago, now ready for a baby... and it's not coming easily.

Hey,
    I just wanted to start this tread, because I'm sure I'm not the only person in this boat..
    I once randomly got pregnant after having half asleep sex with my bf. We didn't put a condom on straight away... and after a bit of.... 'mucking around', I woke up enough to tell him to put one on.... so he did and then we went on to finish... so the dam guy didn't even cum in me. Anyway, long story short a few weeks later we broke up... and then a week or so later I found out I was pregnant! It wasn't the right time or the right guy... so I aborted it..

Now, 7 years later, finally I have a husband and we are at the point of TTC... I really truly though it would be just as easy as last time.. I thought, surely well timed unprotected sex would be all I would need...
    After one failed month (and most likely a second) and lots of reading and learning... it's not that easy... 20% chance? that's it?

Anyway, that is my story. But this group is kind of for anyone that is scared they might of aborted their only chance at having a baby...

scary thought....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, my first pregnancy was aborted and when I was ready to ttc a few years later I was told I had ashermans syndrome and would never fall pregnant. I got a second opinion, had a hysteroscopy and was pregnant within 2 months...we now have 5 kids!
    Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

haley86  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can totally relate Haley. I made the decision to have an abortion 8 years ago. It wasn't the right time for us and I knew it was the right choice.

Flash forward a few years, circumstances changed and after a year of TTC we ended up down the IVF road.

There were times each month when negative result after negative result definitely made me question if I had given away my chance at being a mum but things worked out for us and we now have a healthy little girl.

I know in my heart it was still the right decision all those years ago and look at my daughter and think if I hadn't made that choice maybe it wouldn't have been her we were blessed with now.

Hopefully you have a nice short TTC journey!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Razzy Bear For This Useful Post:

haley86  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everybody deserves to be a mother. Just don't give up. This may not be easy to get pregnant but don't lose hope. I wish you all the luck. And baby dust on your way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @haley86 I've had 2 terminations over the last 11 years. This is our first month TTC and part of me expects it to be as easy as it was the first 2 times... But I don't think it's that simple! I've always got the thought in the back of my mind that I may have used up my 2 chances. My mum also saw a psychic probably 14 years ago who said I would never have children... So who knows.... Only time will tell.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I can imagine it must be nerve racking thinking about your past, and really wanting a baby now.

It's not uncommon at all to take a few tries at ttc before it 'works' after I had my first bub, when we tried again, it took 4 months, and I was pretty stoked it was that easy

If you are a reader, there is a really brilliant book called 'Taking charge of your fertility' and it enables you to learn your cycle intimately, and helps you to track really well giving you the best chance of a BFP.

All the best with it.

Are your cycles generally regular, and no other noticeable issues?