+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 105
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    6,241
    Thanks
    7,620
    Thanked
    3,687
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    How's everyone going with their weight loss journies?

    I have my surgery in four sleeps and am so very excited. I have not felt one bit of doubt and am not nervous at all. I've already lost over 7kg since seeing the dietitian for the first time, 3kg of that has been since starting the pre op Optifast stage on the 2nd of this month. The Opti phase has been challenging but I'm proud to say that I've stuck to it 100%.

    I would love to hear how everyone else is going.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    on a sandy beach!
    Posts
    6,653
    Thanks
    343
    Thanked
    2,294
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    How's everyone going with their weight loss journies?

    I have my surgery in four sleeps and am so very excited. I have not felt one bit of doubt and am not nervous at all. I've already lost over 7kg since seeing the dietitian for the first time, 3kg of that has been since starting the pre op Optifast stage on the 2nd of this month. The Opti phase has been challenging but I'm proud to say that I've stuck to it 100%.

    I would love to hear how everyone else is going.
    I meet my surgeon on 1st may im really excited

    I'm so excited for you! Are you on the fb group?!

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,194
    Thanks
    482
    Thanked
    527
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sitting around 22kg lost, I've been a bit slack for a few months, my mother passed away in December and I've been in a funk, getting back into it

  4. #64
    Zombie_eyes's Avatar
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,354
    Thanks
    2,835
    Thanked
    9,039
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Coming upto my 4 yr surgerversary.

    I did gain the expected 10% back during my third year, but this year i've successfully re lost it and another kilo. Making it 58kilos lost.

    Id still like to lose another 5.


    My advice to anyone thinking of getting the surgery is;

    The first 12-18 months are the optimal losing stage. After that it becomes very difficult to lose, so make the most of it and if you want more children; really try to get to goal weight first.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

    LoveLivesHere  (12-04-2015)

  6. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    on a sandy beach!
    Posts
    6,653
    Thanks
    343
    Thanked
    2,294
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Coming upto my 4 yr surgerversary.

    I did gain the expected 10% back during my third year, but this year i've successfully re lost it and another kilo. Making it 58kilos lost.

    Id still like to lose another 5.


    My advice to anyone thinking of getting the surgery is;

    The first 12-18 months are the optimal losing stage. After that it becomes very difficult to lose, so make the most of it and if you want more children; really try to get to goal weight first.
    Woo hoo!! Well done! That's fantastic weightloss.

    I'm getting bypass not sleeve I decided.

  7. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    6,241
    Thanks
    7,620
    Thanked
    3,687
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I meet my surgeon on 1st may im really excited

    I'm so excited for you! Are you on the fb group?!
    How exciting! Yes, I'm on the FB group. I have a rainbow as my profile pic with my name in glitter ;-)

  8. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    6,241
    Thanks
    7,620
    Thanked
    3,687
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    Sitting around 22kg lost, I've been a bit slack for a few months, my mother passed away in December and I've been in a funk, getting back into it
    That's a fantastic achievement! I'm so sorry about your mum, I can't imagine how hard that has been for you xxx

  9. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    6,241
    Thanks
    7,620
    Thanked
    3,687
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Coming upto my 4 yr surgerversary.

    I did gain the expected 10% back during my third year, but this year i've successfully re lost it and another kilo. Making it 58kilos lost.

    Id still like to lose another 5.


    My advice to anyone thinking of getting the surgery is;

    The first 12-18 months are the optimal losing stage. After that it becomes very difficult to lose, so make the most of it and if you want more children; really try to get to goal weight first.
    How bloody amazing are you!! That is extraordinary!!! Thanks for the tips regarding optimal losing time and babies. I'm going to do a boot camp type program once I've been cleared to exercise I think, to get things moving. How long after your op were you exercising?

  10. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    6,241
    Thanks
    7,620
    Thanked
    3,687
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Woo hoo!! Well done! That's fantastic weightloss.

    I'm getting bypass not sleeve I decided.
    What's made you make that decision? I'm just being nosy haha.

  11. #70
    Zombie_eyes's Avatar
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,354
    Thanks
    2,835
    Thanked
    9,039
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    How bloody amazing are you!! That is extraordinary!!! Thanks for the tips regarding optimal losing time and babies. I'm going to do a boot camp type program once I've been cleared to exercise I think, to get things moving. How long after your op were you exercising?

    Thanks everyone


    ... Well. I was told to wait 6 weeks but i joined the gym 3 weeks post op

    By 6 weeks i had a personal trainer once a week and the gym another 4 days a week. Really gave it everything i had from the get go. I think that also really helped with minimising the loose skin issue. (I do still have it, but not as bad as some)

    I did fall pregnant about 11 months post op... I dont regret my daughter but i regret the timing. Shoulda waited until goal.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

    HearMeRoar  (14-04-2015)


 

Similar Threads

  1. When Gastric Bands Go Wrong *trigger warning*
    By KaraB in forum Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 09:27
  2. Gastric band/lapband
    By granny1 in forum Weightloss & Fitness Challenges
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-09-2013, 21:32
  3. Gastric banding
    By loodle in forum Weightloss & Fitness Challenges
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2013, 20:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Shapland Swim SchoolsSemi private learn to swim classes for a maximum of 3 children in specialized heated teaching pools. Our swim schools ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Help! Clexane and pregnantpregnancy and babies through IVF
Going crazy TTCConception issues & ttc
Delightful DecemberConception & Fertility General Chat
Noble NovemberConception & Fertility General Chat
Low sperm count and motilityMale Infertility Issues
Teacher giftsGeneral Chat
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›