+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If your baby has reflux you will want to avoid ANY colic relieving meds as the ingredients in them can irritate it. The only safe one is infacol!

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for the support and advice, please keep it coming.
    DH is fantastic and will come home and cook and clean up but I just feel so guilty. I don't like to ask anyone else for help, I am worried they will think I am an incompetent mother so I pretend everything is good.
    I think it is reflux, I looked up the symptoms and he has quite a few. I will try to get him into the dr tomorrow although there doesn't seem to be much they can do about it. I hope he grows out of it soon, I don't know how much longer I can keep this up.
    How long after I eat something will it effect ds? What sorts of foods should I avoid?
    I have tried the colic relief meds. Gripe water seems to help a little. Infants friend seems to make it worse and infacol doesn't seem to do much at all.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was living on roast almond chocolate blocks, lactation cookies, coffee, tea and toast. I cut out the chocolate, dairy and coffee and everything was fine!! Seriously, I was right where you are, fantasizing about getting in the car and driving anywhere apart from where I was! They get old fast and soon it will be over Then you will want your new little baby back!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookiemum View Post
    I was living on roast almond chocolate blocks, lactation cookies, coffee, tea and toast. I cut out the chocolate, dairy and coffee and everything was fine!! Seriously, I was right where you are, fantasizing about getting in the car and driving anywhere apart from where I was! They get old fast and soon it will be over Then you will want your new little baby back!
    Yes!!! I have been living on hazelnut choc and snickers. I will struggle giving up the chocolate, I have such a sweet tooth. Is dark chocolate any better?

For the baby wearers...how did bub go sleeping in the cot/ bassinet after being so close to you all day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Until DS' reflux was treated he was carried 24/7, apart from 3-4 short naps. As soon as the meds took effect he was happy to be put down in his cot with sshing and patting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My two were like this and it darn near finished me. I'm so sorry you're going through this. Hang in there, it does get easier. If you suspect reflux there are things that can help. My first went untreated, my second was picked up and treated quickly and it did make a difference. The dr can prescribe Losec which stops the reflux from burning. Keeping the baby raised can help - we made sure they always slept on a slight slope so their head was raised. Baby carriers like hugabub or babybjorn are lifesavers.

Most importantly - go easy on yourself.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppyLoppy View Post
    Yes!!! I have been living on hazelnut choc and snickers. I will struggle giving up the chocolate, I have such a sweet tooth. Is dark chocolate any better?

For the baby wearers...how did bub go sleeping in the cot/ bassinet after being so close to you all day?

My DS still gets worn he is almost 6 months old and he naps in cot and sleeps in cot day and night and has done since 6 weeks old

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear DD2 everywhere and have no issues transferring between the carrier/wrap/sling and the cot
    Trick is to get them into a deep enough sleep then do the transfer. Sometimes I put DD in the cot still in the wrap or sling and wait until she's settled, then remove it from under her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't usually let mine fall asleep in the carrier unless we are out and about. Generally if I find he is tired I just take him out and put him to bed. That wasn't possible until he was 5 months though. Before that he slept on me for every single nap and only slept in his cot at night. I was his only source of comfort so I didn't mind at all and when he is having a bad day sometimes I just put him in the tula walk around the block until he is asleep then come home and transfer him to his cot. He loves the outdoors and fresh air as do most babies it's always been the best way to calm him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    And another thing DS is my fourth and only baby I felt completely lost with I had no idea what I was doing or what to do with him and it wasn't until recently that I finally found my groove with him. You aren't alone