+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dummy, ural sachets, flushable wet wipes. Plenty of clothes for you - esp maternity bras - had to get DH to wash mine & bring them back cos milk leaked at every feed! The bonds maternity singlets are great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh and remember to bring a phone charger, and if your phone doesn't have a torch then a little torch or nightlight when searching for stuff in the middle of the night if you don't want to turn bright lights on

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have a mattress protector for the bassinet! Duh! Can you use a blanket in the bassinet? Might need to get a light one. We're in cairns but its cool at night still. Medicine droppers are a great idea, and the breast disc things. So many good ideas! Thank you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The one thing I didn't buy and needed was a microwave steriliser. I mixed fed for weeks and needed to sterilise bottles, breast pump attachments and dummies.

I also wish I had a love to dream swaddle from the get go! Only discovered them at 8 weeks and they saved my life!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh another thing for yourself that may be tmi is you may want to have a shower hose thing connected to your shower head if you don't have one so you can direct it downstairs.. I found it very soothing and good for cleaning as I didn't want to be splooshing water up there as it was very painful instead you can just let the water run over it. Personal choice but I found it was my best friend for pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did not have any formula or a bottle even as I was determined to b'feed. Then when bub was 8 weeks of age I got bad food poisoning for 5 days, and couldn't even keep down water for the first 2 days. I gave DD 4 bottles over those days to supplement. Having to research which formula and what bottle to buy when sick as a dog was not fun.

But at the same time not having any formula or bottles in the house helped me EBF at the start, I was struggling so damn much that I'm sure I would have mixed fed if I had it there. So I guess you can just have a think about what would work for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't have thought of some of these things but one of my girlfriends who has four kids gave me for our baby shower:
    baby nail clippers and scissors, baby cotton buds for ears, plain all in ones, face washers and towels.
    Seriously the most useful present I got, so much better than 0000 baby jeans and other useless things!
    Oh, and I second PP who said to get one or two suits in really small sizes, my DD wore 00000 for the first month, my MIL had to go out and buy a whole lot for me as I had nothing small enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mittens (or baby socks) for their hands. My DD had beautiful skin when born, by day 1 was full of scratches where she'd attacked herself (and her nails didn't seem long enough to cut)
    Tmi but Witchhazel and cotton pads/balls incase you end up with haemorrhoids from pushing, mine took a while to disappear and soaked on a ball really soothed the area, esp when having to sit to feed all day.

A towel under your sheet at home (or on top). My leaking boobs made more mess than any baby wee could.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi

Lists:

infant carrier seat
    stroller
    baby bottles
    bottle warmer
    bottle sterilizer
    food processor
    crib
    bouncy seat

Thanks
    Reviews
    A cot blanket. We thought that swaddling and then covering with a cute little jersey blanket would be ok - which it was in hospital, but not in our cold house...thank God, a friend gave us a beautiful one before we left hospital!!