+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Who does dessert??

I was just reading another thread where dessert was mentioned and it made me think I don't have dessert. Occasionally if I go out I might (rarely) and I just really don't have it at home. My boys don't really either. Sometimes I'll get a tub of icecream (like maybe 4 times a year) but I don't eat it. I do have a piece if cake for morning tea once a week at work though. I'd rather have a wine or beer :/

So is dessert the norm at your place??

YMo7 is offline 37 week ultrasound of our baby girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep. Dessert every night. Things we have are usually sugar free healthy options.
    Last night miss 5 asked for a veggie cake for dessert, the others wanted fruit salad with yoghurt and always a smoothie made from whatever fruit the kids choose, natural yoghurt and milk. No sweeteners.
    My dh often has dessert with them, I usually just opt for a smoke and glass of water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No dessert here... unless a bit of chocolate once the girls are in bed counts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DH and I don't consistently have dessert, only occasionally. We tend to have big dinners, so there's usually not much 'room' for dessert anyway!

DS often has a small serve of custard.

I never have dessert when we dine out. I'm allergic to eggs and there's usually zero options that I can eat on the dessert menu.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Every now and then i might buy the kids some ice cream or a block of chocolate but it's definitely not a regular occurrence.
    Growing up, we were always allowed an ice cream after dinner. I think that's a bit much though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I used to occasionally have dessert maybe once a week. I have gd at the moment so I don't bother with it at all now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Id say on average once a fortnight - mainly if I've had time to make something or I experiment on DS and DH if I've got parties or dinners to host - I made profiteroles last night as I saw them on masterchef the night before - in summer we usually have a big fruit salad with all the summer fruits after dinner but I don't classify that as dessert!
    When we go out yes we usually at least share a dessert

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do 2 or 3 times a week. It's mostly yoghurt but occasionally fruit crumble with custard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We do when we have 13yo SS, but that's because it's a habit that his mum started when he was little and he complains if he doesn't get dessert here. We do keep it fairly small though - 2 biscuits, or 1 piece of Toblerone, or a small bowl of custard. I guess being a teenager he burns it up pretty quickly but it's not a great habit for him to take into adulthood.

With the new bubba coming, I think that's going to have to change because I just don't think kids/adults need dessert. I think of dessert more as an occasional thing - if you're out for a nice dinner, or maybe a special treat on the weekend. Every few months DH will make apple crumble or ice cream/sorbet. It's nice, but I'm glad it's not a regular thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dessert is a special treat if the kids eat all their dinner with no fussing. I wasn't brought up with it and found it so strange when I would sleep at friends houses and they had it haha