+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Toilet training & daycare!

My 2 & 3mth old DD is going through the toilet training process atm. She attends daycare 3 days a week & I'm really getting annoyed with their lack of support with it. She does so well when at home, using the toilet all day except for sleeps. She hasn't been the quickest to pick it up & she is taking it very slowly, which doesn't bother me.

I've spoken to them about the process & they seem supportive. So I send her off in the mornings with lots of spare pants, knickers etc. as they requested.

But then when we pick her up she has a nappy on! Wtf!!!

So I stopped putting nappies in her bag (I was sending her with a couple just in case). And she comes home with a daycare spare nappy on! Grr so annoying!

How is she supposed to learn if they don't give her a chance! I suspect there are a few lazy carers who can't be bothered cleaning her up when she has an accident. Which mind you, will only happen if you don't listen to her ask for the toilet or give her opportunity to go!

Anyone else had the same experience?
    What do I do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do they put her in nappies all day or just for pick up? I ask because DD's daycare used to put all the 'in training' kids into a nappy when they knew they were due to be picked up. I had to explicitly tell them to stop with my DD and only use her nappy for nap time. I know she was in knickers all day because she always was if I collected her early. They said they do it because many of the parents worry they'll pee in the car on the way home or fall asleep in the car home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't know for sure, but I suspect its after the nap time. So they put her in a nappy for sleep & they continue from there.

I think i'm going to have to go in to see them tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My daycare centre was awesome when DD was toilet training. That sounds so frustrating