+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As others have said, sounds like the 4 month sleep regression. Plus at that age there is a big wonder week leap, a long one too. He's growing so much, he's starting to see/hear so much more, it's all pretty overwhelming!

It can be tough but it doesn't last forever. Sleeping 7-7 does happen for some... But definitely not all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    He's still very young.

Mine didn't sleep through until 11 months (one bf the other on formula at 6 months old) so how they are fed makes no difference.

They can go through a number of sleep regressions and changes. It's a constant roller coaster coaster ride. Welcome to motherhood lol

DH & I <3
    DD 2 years old
    DS born July 2013
    Lolakitty - fur baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does sound like the 4 mth sleep regression and maybe baby is just more hungry for some reason (growth spurt/developmental phase). As others have said, there are certainly some babies that sleep through from such a young age, but many don't. My kids didn't "sleep through" consistently until 2.5years and around 16 mths (though he is now 19mths and has recently been waking again...)

I would suggest trying not to have too many expectations about your little ones sleep - Do what you can to help but try to go with the flow where possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As others have said , sounds completely normal.

My DS is 20 months now and bf. Up until two weeks ago I could count on one hand how many times he'd slept through the night. And he was still feeding through the night repeatedly (alot more than twice I can tell you).

Two weeks ago I decided enough is enough of feeding at night so I stopped and dh offers cuddles now instead (not something you should be considering doing with yours for quite some time yet). He will now mostly sleep through but not 7-7. More like 7-5.30. But when sickness arrived he's up multiple times a night again.

I know it's tough but try to just go with it. No child is the same and you cause yourself more stress trying to make them/worry why they don't, comply with these ideas of what a baby should sleep. Trust me I know from experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Why do you want your 4mth old baby to sleep 7-7?

And there is little you can do with the poop.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

She was asking when will her bub sleep 7-7. Even 4 months of complete sleep deprivation is enough for a mother ti long for the day their bub sleeps through the night.

OP, there's no set time or average, ut depends on your bub and if you can find the magic key to his sleep needs. Some kids need to be fed or cuddled to sleep, some unfortunately do respond to CC or CIO. But funding what works for you and your bub can be hard, especially if what your bub needs goes against your parenting style.

The poop unfortunately not much to do there. Id recommend putting a handful of wipes un a snap lock bag and sleep with them under your pillow to keep them warm so there's less of a shock to bub when you wipe their bum at night.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (07-07-2014),Mmumm  (06-07-2014),Purple Lily  (06-07-2014),RastaMouse  (07-07-2014),VicPark  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My 21 week DS feeds from1-3 times overnight but usually twice. He used to poop after EVERY SINGLE feed but around 12 weeks went down to only a couple times a day and now rarely overnight.

Some girls and I are in thread currently supporting each other through our sleep deprived state and all of our babies are doing different things. Definitely proves every baby is different and you kind of just have to go with what your baby needs while maybe being consistent with a nap and bed routine.

But most realistic sleep experts will tell you that waking 1-3 times for a 4 month old breastfed baby is completely normal. The babysleepsite is a great website to help you with expectations and tips.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post

The poop unfortunately not much to do there. Id recommend putting a handful of wipes un a snap lock bag and sleep with them under your pillow to keep them warm so there's less of a shock to bub when you wipe their bum at night.
    That's a handy tip! DS never seemed bothered by the wipes but I'll keep this in mind for the next one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    None of my kids slept 7-7 (or thereabouts) until they were at least 2 years old, so months after they stopped breastfeeding.
    It's hard being in the middle of sleep deprivation, but you're better off to focus on what you can do to make the sleep deprivation manageable, rather than hanging out for the day that your baby will sleep 7-7.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This is our thread if you'd like to join.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=523166

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Agree with PPs. All babies are different. DS1 didn't sleep 7-7 until I completely weaned him at 16 months. He was still feeding 3 hourly at 4 months, by 10 months he was down to a dream feed at 10.

DS2 started doing 7-7 at 12 weeks. He just did it one night, and that was that. He is 10 months old and I still can't believe it.

Sent from my XT925 using The Bub Hub mobile app