Closed Thread
Page 87 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    I can't find a job. My old school doesn't have enough enrolments to take me back, as much as they want to. The local schools here are all advertising for a grad or level 1. It's super frustrating. I'm very good at my job and I want to work.

This wasn't an immediate concern until this afternoon when df got news he will be taken off shift rotation for mandatory training. He made then promise he will go back on shift after the training is complete, but it could take anywhere from 8-16 weeks. And it's out of his hands- as great as he may be at completing the set work, if the trainer sets a slow pace there isn't much we can do.
    I know he is being "rewarded" for being a good worker because he will get a pay rise once the study is complete, it's just that the timing is so wrong. It feels like such a punishment. We won't be on track to buy a house because we will be scraping by, not contributing to savings. No wedding for me, either. I may as well just resign myself to the fact that I won't ever get my dream wedding, in fact if I ever get married it will be a miracle, dream wedding or not.
    Oh that sucks, sending hugs.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (26-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I can't find a job. My old school doesn't have enough enrolments to take me back, as much as they want to. The local schools here are all advertising for a grad or level 1. It's super frustrating. I'm very good at my job and I want to work.

This wasn't an immediate concern until this afternoon when df got news he will be taken off shift rotation for mandatory training. He made then promise he will go back on shift after the training is complete, but it could take anywhere from 8-16 weeks. And it's out of his hands- as great as he may be at completing the set work, if the trainer sets a slow pace there isn't much we can do.
    I know he is being "rewarded" for being a good worker because he will get a pay rise once the study is complete, it's just that the timing is so wrong. It feels like such a punishment. We won't be on track to buy a house because we will be scraping by, not contributing to savings. No wedding for me, either. I may as well just resign myself to the fact that I won't ever get my dream wedding, in fact if I ever get married it will be a miracle, dream wedding or not.
    Oh that totally sucks. Hugs, hopefully the training goes quickly and you guys get back on track. Good luck with finding yourself a job too!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (26-11-2014)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Thanks ladies. Uncharted territory- I've never been too experienced for jobs before. At least a) not paying daycare for dd and b) will have plenty of time to help df with the theory part of his training.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I'm sorry

Your DF's reward shouldn't feel like a punishment. Sometimes we need the immediate benefit, not waiting for it.

You can come and share my wedding. The more I look the more out of reach it is for us too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am about to vomit. Just found a cluster of 3-4 warts on my elbow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm in the car with DF and FIL who are both talking about the election. I want to smack them both for their misconceptions about parties I support but we've got a long day ahead and it might be nice if we're all still friends at the end of it!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (27-11-2014)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I don't have the heart to tell my dad or brother that I'm thinking of voting green I may be kicked out of the family!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I told DF I handed out "how to vote" cards for the Greens at one of the previous federal elections, at the most bogan location in town. I think he seriously reconsidered our relationship for a second...
    I think it's best not to tell. Much easier that way.
    The hardest thing will be hiding my ecstatic joy if what I want to happen happens!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So totally over ds refusing to sleep anywhere but his rocker. In the main living area. This means that even with white noise blaring he gets woken up by people coming to the door, me doing things, the neighbours playing in their yard etc. Im constantly creeping around while hes asleep, praying no-one comes to the door, the phone doesnt ring, the kids dont play noisy ball games next door etc. Its so frustrating, especially now its hot so all the doors & windows are open.

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Being stung by a wasp on your back near your arm pit is not fun. It feels like a burning match being pressed into your skin.