Results 611 to 620 of 995
29-10-2014 15:53 #611
29-10-2014 15:57 #612
100 reasons why summer sucks
1. It's Hot! I don't like feeling like I am cooking.
2. Sweat, I hate to sweat
3. B.O When you are hot and sweating, chances are you stink too. And if it's not you, it's the teenager next to you.
4. Sand, It burns when it's hot, and sticks and chafes in all the wrong places.
5. Transportation, with no air conditioning.
6. Living in a house through summer with no air conditioning.
10. Working in an office place with not functioning air conditioners, and still having to wear work attire, even though you wish you were probably naked.
11. Kids not having to go to school after a certain temperature. Which makes sense, but bad for your own plans I suppose.
12. Bathers, unless you have a body for bathers, you never feel comfortable enough to go out in them.
13. You have to shave more frequently. If you are me, that is a big pain in the A.
14. Not shaving also means you are hairy and more likely to be hot from your hair.
15. Dresses, I hate wearing dresses.
16. Shorts, I hate wearing shorts.
17. People playing White Christmas, but our Christmas's are hardly snow filled.
18. SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
19. 40C +
21. Looking at a forcast to know you have an entire week of 38C+ temperature.
22. Having a birthday party at the park only to have people not come because it's too hot.
23. Having to go stay at your in-laws house because they have air conditioning.
24. People complaining about how hot it is on Facebook. (myself included)
25. People telling those people to suck it up. (these people obviously have a GOOD air con)
26. Tv commercials where they are all enjoying the sun, while drinking or eating a cold item, that apparently helps them feel cool. IT'S LIES!
27. Ice creams melt faster!
30. Hay Fever!
31. Possums hibernating in your roof.
32. Bindis! Those *****es hurt.
33. Drinking lots of water, and never feeling satisfied.
34. Hot nights.
35. People are much more grumpy and irritable in summer.
36. Day light savings.
37. You have spent a few hours in water, you stand outside for 10mins and you are pretty close to dry and feeling hot again.
38. Wearing a damn hat
39. Having to keep reapplying sunscreen
40. Skin cancer
41. THE SUN
42. crowded shopping centres, because either its the school holidays, or they are hiding from the sun to keep cool.
43. Hot seat belts
44. Hot cars
45. Knowing that even though your naked you still feel like you are melting.
46. sweat stains on your bed sheets
47. water restrictions
48. Coming out of a shower to only to be covered in sweat anyway.
49. Walking out of an air conditioned place, to hit a wall of heat.
50. Giant water bills because you have used so much water to keep cool.
51. Gardens and Grass dying out due to heat. Including the prized garden you put together yourself.
53. High Electric Bills from running air cons
54. Kids whinging they are hot
55. Girls walking around in short shorts and ugh boots... it's summer damnit!
56. The consensus that since you live in Australia, you have to love summer.
57. And if you don't you are weird or very UnAustralian
58. That this list is most likely going to be seen as a giant whinge.
59. Train lines will be delayed a lot more due to "railways melting/warping in the sun" Meaning alot of more fighting to ride on replacement buses packed with sweaty people with B.O from standing in the sun.
60. Thongs melting to pavement
62. A cool change that only makes it worse.
63. If you are in Queensland, the chances of hurricanes/tornadoes.
64. Snakes, they prefer warmer weather to come and play
65. Being pregnant in summer sucks. Especially in your 3rd trimester.
66. Spending $1000 on a brand new air con for your house, only to find it can't handle weather temperature over 35C.
67. Having sliding doors in your house, when trying to keep your house cool with children.
68. Summer fashion is slowly making us more and more naked.
69. Being told to wear white in summer because it's cooler, is a big fat lie, I still feel like I am on fire.
70. Breaking a thong when walking, and falling flat on your face. How did that happen, you slipped in your own thong because of the sweat on your feet. (That has happened to me more then once)
71. Wearing a bra in Summer. Chafey, sweaty, and leaves you with impressions.
72. Leaving sweat impressions on furniture, and having people look at you like you pee'd on their furniture.
73. Having to decide whether I am really desperate to do something that requires me to leave the house
74. I find being sick in summer so much worse then winter. Gastro being the no1 eew.
75. Leather seats. Being hot and getting stuck to them. Like ripping off a bandaid.
76. Alot more graised knees and elbows cause they are exposed without jumpers and jeans.
77. Recieving Fire warning Sms's and nothing happens. Causing panic.
78. When a small child leaves the freezer door open, long enough that stuff inside melts or even goes bad.
79. Trying to avoid using the oven, as using it would only turn your kitchen into a furnace.
80. TV purposly playing shows where people are playing in snow.
81. Every man woman, dog and child is at the pool, or beach, so over crowding.
82. It being during the optimum season, everything is expensive. For weddings, holidays, and even flights.
83. Flies.. I am not talking about 1 or 2.. I am talking 20-30 flies swarming around you at once. Not even repellent will save you.
84. Summer is the highest spending months for parents. Not only did you spend all your money on Christmas presents, food, maybe a trip, you have to spend more money on getting the kids ready for school, uniforms, books, stationary. It's a parents season of being poor.
85. Lots of handeymen of all sorts, close up shop for the season for a holiday. So not only are you home 24/7 with kids, that could possibly clog up your loo, but there is a possibility the local plumber could be on holiday!
86. Fricken Spiders~
87. If someone wanted to ask us to build a Christmas Snow man, we couldn't we don't have snow! So no magical Frosty the snow man here.
88. Whether you want to be outside in the blazing heat or not. If your kids want to swim in the pool, you HAVE to watch them.
89. Electrical Appliances, your vaccuum, some televisions, computers, create more heat in your already hot house.
90. The smell of dead things roasting in the sun, can make a walk along the beach, not so nice or romantic.
91. Teens covered in Lynx deoderant, trying to cover their B.O or smoking habit. Either way the mix is toxic, and most likely successful in making you want to puke up lunch.
92. When your mascara melts.
93. You can get drunk faster when in hot weather, either the fact you are drinking lots to quench your thirst, and the sun reacts to your body temp and causes the release of crap into your system faster.
94. That's another, you are always thirsty.
95. The past 2 summers, extreme heats caused a few power outages that lasted longer then a day. It was hell!
96. Old people in speedos at the beach. O_O
97. Sunshine fades your washing.
98. Your thighs rubbing together with sweat, equaling to horrible sore rash
99. Not owning your own pool.
29-10-2014 16:08 #613
The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:
29-10-2014 16:14 #614
#@#$#@@ snake in the toilet.
29-10-2014 16:45 #615Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2009
29-10-2014 16:46 #616
29-10-2014 16:46 #617
29-10-2014 16:48 #618
Ds2 was on the toilet at the time. He jumped down and jumped over the snake and toke off running with the snake between his legs. I lost sight of it as I was getting the toddler out of harms way. I can't see it so I am going with the thought it's long gone now.
The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:
29-10-2014 17:28 #619
The Following User Says Thank You to DizzyDaisy For This Useful Post:
29-10-2014 18:23 #620
The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:
Baby U & The Wiggles - Toilet Training ProductsToilet training can be a testing time but Baby U is there to assist you and your toddler with the daunting task of ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Largest bassinets on market?Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
Chickenpox after being immunised?Pro-Vaccination
Mixed slumber partyGeneral Chat
Primary IVF SydneyConception & Fertility General Chat
Pokemon go. Chat #2General Chat
Selling your house privately...General Chat
Cashless society - all for it, or disagree?General Chat
Suspected endometriosis with no symptoms?Endometriosis Chat
Same sex parents or parents to be chat!Same Sex Parents
Career change - good idea?Working Hubbers - Employed