Closed Thread
Page 49 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 995
  1. #481
    TheGooch's Avatar
    TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,312
    Thanks
    9,577
    Thanked
    5,070
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks MCH! Appointment today at 1130. Plan my day around it because, you know, baby's health.
    Also looking forward to an outing out of the house. This was perfect opportunity because it had a purpose and was non negotiable and my anxiety about being out with DS alone was going to be pushed through. I also planned and started feeds today around that appointment.
    Get a text this morning saying nope, appointment changed to 1.15 at my house - which I'm completely unprepared for. House is not visitor ready and DS won't sleep anywhere today except on me so chances of tidying up = slim to none. Also have a voicemail saying 1.00pm. Well which is it? Who's coming? And when do I actually get to meet the MCN we're hooked up with ? Since their literature bangs on about building rapport and continuity of care. This will be the third different MCN we've met and DS is 2.5 weeks old.

  2. #482
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,667
    Thanks
    5,719
    Thanked
    3,069
    Reviews
    24
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Bad mummy moment but 5pm please hurry up so I can go food shopping on my own and be away from the kids!

  3. #483
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,125
    Thanks
    2,311
    Thanked
    2,920
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    Thanks MCH! Appointment today at 1130. Plan my day around it because, you know, baby's health.
    Also looking forward to an outing out of the house. This was perfect opportunity because it had a purpose and was non negotiable and my anxiety about being out with DS alone was going to be pushed through. I also planned and started feeds today around that appointment.
    Get a text this morning saying nope, appointment changed to 1.15 at my house - which I'm completely unprepared for. House is not visitor ready and DS won't sleep anywhere today except on me so chances of tidying up = slim to none. Also have a voicemail saying 1.00pm. Well which is it? Who's coming? And when do I actually get to meet the MCN we're hooked up with ? Since their literature bangs on about building rapport and continuity of care. This will be the third different MCN we've met and DS is 2.5 weeks old.
    Can you call whoever is in charge of the service and speak to them? In our area it's the local council that employs them.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

    TheGooch  (03-10-2014)

  5. #484
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,125
    Thanks
    2,311
    Thanked
    2,920
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    Bad mummy moment but 5pm please hurry up so I can go food shopping on my own and be away from the kids!
    That is not a bad mummy moment!

  6. #485
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,667
    Thanks
    5,719
    Thanked
    3,069
    Reviews
    24
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    That is not a bad mummy moment!
    Phew! I'm afraid people will think I'm a monster for desperately wanting to be away from my kids sometimes :/

  7. #486
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,885
    Thanks
    3,457
    Thanked
    4,876
    Reviews
    9
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Spent the morning at the park and now I feel sunburnt. My daughter is breaking out in a rash from every type of sunscreen that I've tried so I didn't put any on her and just tried to keep her in the shade and keep her hat on, so I really really really hope she's not burnt!

  8. #487
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,512
    Thanks
    881
    Thanked
    1,138
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Evacuated at work due to a fire alarm.....but back inside within 10 mins. I was kind of hoping to go home.....(though obviously glad it wasn't anything serious).

  9. #488
    TheGooch's Avatar
    TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,312
    Thanks
    9,577
    Thanked
    5,070
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Can you call whoever is in charge of the service and speak to them? In our area it's the local council that employs them.
    I rang them and asked for a different centre since this one is so unreliable. I still haven't been given info on new parents group even though I told the last 2 I saw I wanted to.
    This one today wanted to know how I was going and how I was feeling. I lied and told her I was great. What's the point? I'm never seeing her again so didn't see the point in telling her that I hate it, I cry every day many times and if I could go back to work already I would.
    I'll leave that conversation to someone who's not a fill in.
    Council have changed my centre now so I'll wait until I go there in 2 weeks and see how I go.

  10. #489
    Mod-Nomsie's Avatar
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    24,013
    Thanks
    7,241
    Thanked
    7,390
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    My boys were 6 months before we went to mums group, and they were the eldest. At this time of year they won't start new groups until jan/ feb.

    Don't worry about the house not being visitor ready because
    1. As frequent visitors to the homes of new mothers they would have seen it all and much worse
    2. They are very understanding of how time intensive new babies are
    3. You may find you will have to let your house standards drop slightly in babies first year. (My dd is nearly 14 months, I really have no excuse )

    How was today apart from the dickie MCHNs?

  11. #490
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,125
    Thanks
    2,311
    Thanked
    2,920
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    I rang them and asked for a different centre since this one is so unreliable. I still haven't been given info on new parents group even though I told the last 2 I saw I wanted to.
    This one today wanted to know how I was going and how I was feeling. I lied and told her I was great. What's the point? I'm never seeing her again so didn't see the point in telling her that I hate it, I cry every day many times and if I could go back to work already I would.
    I'll leave that conversation to someone who's not a fill in.
    Council have changed my centre now so I'll wait until I go there in 2 weeks and see how I go.
    Sucks that you have to wait, we're rural so our nurses aren't as busy so we can go more often.
    Don't hide how you feel. Does your partner know? And don't be ashamed that you want to go back to work, it's a big adjustment.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Vent thread
    By SpecialK in forum Natural / Attachment Parenting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-10-2014, 10:48
  2. The Not So Serious Vent Thread #2
    By harvs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 988
    Last Post: 28-06-2014, 14:43
  3. DH vent thread
    By loodle in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19-10-2013, 05:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Baby SensoryBaby Sensory is the only baby programme that offers a complete approach to learning & development. Our classes ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›