+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is anyone else like me and can't drink really fast? My mother and husband can tip water down their throats like a drain, but I can only sip else I choke.
    For this reason I am horrified when I think of drinking 3 litres in a day! I'd be constantly drinking to achieve that.
    If the 30ml thing is right then I'm not much under anyway, most days.
    Those that drink 3 litres how much in one sitting? Or is water just in your hand most of the day? My mind boggles really!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    Is anyone else like me and can't drink really fast? My mother and husband can tip water down their throats like a drain, but I can only sip else I choke.
    For this reason I am horrified when I think of drinking 3 litres in a day! I'd be constantly drinking to achieve that.
    Those that drink 3 litres how much in one sitting? Or is water just in your hand most of the day? My mind boggles really!
    I know what you mean. I can only sip water, if I try and drink fast I end up choking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the same! My throat closes up so I have to swish the drink around in my mouth to get my throat ready before I swallow. Same reason why I can't swallow tablets or do shots!

[The hubber formerly known as misscheviuz]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The most I can drink/all at once is about 250ml plain water. DP on the other hand can tip water down his throat with only a few gulps :S

I think we all have different requirements for water and it's a matter of listening to our bodies. As long as your pee is pale and you feel good you're probably getting enough fluids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePancakeDrawer View Post
    I'm the same! My throat closes up so I have to swish the drink around in my mouth to get my throat ready before I swallow. Same reason why I can't swallow tablets or do shots!

I cant do shots either! I can swallow tablets but I hate it. Makes me feel sick if I concentrate on it.
    Glad I'm not alone. I recently had to do the glucose test and the drink was freezing cold and the lady there is like you have to drink it in 5 mins, come on just chug it down! I'm like geez lady I'm trying. I just cannot gulp liquids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cant do shots either! I can swallow tablets but I hate it. Makes me feel sick if I concentrate on it.
    Glad I'm not alone. I recently had to do the glucose test and the drink was freezing cold and the lady there is like you have to drink it in 5 mins, come on just chug it down! I'm like geez lady I'm trying. I just cannot gulp liquids.
    Lol I freaked out too when they said I had to drink it in 5 mins!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So interesting that some people can function on no or very little water per day and not get sick like I would. . Jealous! Yeh my pee gets super dark too so I know and I get a feeling in my bladder towards the end of the day telling me if I dont chug water it will turn to a uti

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nowhere near enough...or enough as I think I should be drinking. Maybe a litre at best...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    2-3L per day. Other than my morning caffeine injection it's all I drink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is it bad I have no idea?

I have no no idea, some days mega amounts, others hardly any. Oh dear. I should be paying more attention!