+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome and response 😀
    I won't be carrying our baby and I'm trying to understand i guess what my DW is feeling. Started injections recently and is just a little emotional and forgetful. Which i didnt mind until we went camping without our sleeping bag lol. We dont know any one who has undergone IUI or IVF...

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Katherine B View Post
    Thanks for the welcome and response
    I won't be carrying our baby and I'm trying to understand i guess what my DW is feeling. Started injections recently and is just a little emotional and forgetful. Which i didnt mind until we went camping without our sleeping bag lol. We dont know any one who has undergone IUI or IVF...
    Everyone reacts differently so I would only suggest that you both talk. Talk about everything open and honestly. It's the only way to know how each of you are feeling. (Your feelings are just as important too!) ask her what she wants or needs so you will know what works for her.
    From our experience (dp and I have both been pregnant) is that the pregnant one gets really tired and feels bad asking for the other to do extra work (cooking, cleaning ect) so 1 thing I tried to do was make sure the house was tidy and give her extra time to rest.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to almai For This Useful Post:

Katherine B  (18-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Katherine B our situation was a little different because DW did the stim cycle and I carried so she was on the meds. Having said that we have both done an ivf cycle so I had some understanding of what she was going through but then again we both reacted differently with the meds so it's hard to know how anyone is really feeling on them because each person is different.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have though. I became very forgetful whilst pregnant and still am even now! DW is very patient with me though... even when I tell her something (like a news story) that she has only just told me haha.

It's very important to make sure you get as involved as you can. It's a good way to make sure you feel a part of the journey because you are making a baby together after all

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

almai  (18-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoying the beautiful Melb weather, researching after IUI symptoms, watching beautiful DW resting in the shade and checking in once in a while if she's feeling ok. Yesterday was first IUI procedure, now I guess we wait to see what happens.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katherine B For This Useful Post:

almai  (19-03-2017),NandM  (18-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Katherine B View Post
    Enjoying the beautiful Melb weather, researching after IUI symptoms, watching beautiful DW resting in the shade and checking in once in a while if she's feeling ok. Yesterday was first IUI procedure, now I guess we wait to see what happens.
    Oh, I remember the excitement and anticipation after that very first IUI!

All the best

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxergirl For This Useful Post:

Katherine B  (19-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting!!! All the best and hoping you'll see double lines in two weeks!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

Katherine B  (19-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the positive vibes. Not sure when we should test if all went to plan. DW had trigger Wednesday, don't think I can wait till blood test 31/03. Really worried if BFN as we'll both be at work that day and not sure how she'll cope with bad news

Thanks
    Reviews
    From 12dpo it's pretty safe to rest and get an idea so that would be the 29th right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So exciting
    I started testing at 7 DPO hahah so you could start early to see if the trigger is out then keep testing everyday but I was just crazy hehe

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NandM For This Useful Post:

Katherine B  (21-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    NandM I don't think that's crazy
    On Saturday DW didn't feel so good and i thought she had a temperature. Sunday was tired, same today. I came home from work to find her asleep on the couch which is not like her at all. Maybe I'm seeing something that's not there but surely the IUI procedure couldn't effect her this much ? Or is it wishful thinking?