+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by almai View Post
    Yeah he is super cruisy! So strange after how full on ds1 was but a nice change! The only 'trouble' is he still isn't interested in food yet... but that is no biggie really!

I carried ds1, my dp carried ds2. we had originally decided that we would take turns having babies until we felt done but given I had a horrible pregnancy with HG, I don't want to carry again (which saddens me) so dp will carry all future kids (I'm lucky to have this option really!)
    We will try for #3 probably mid next year and will talk about more babies after that (not sure if we will keep going after 3 but it's open for now) ❤️
    He is absolutely heart melting ❤️

Is it likely that HG would strike again IF you were to carry?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinJess View Post
    I carried both and will carry the third, all kiddies will have the same donor too. The decision was pretty easy for number three, obviously had to take finances in to consideration too. As for our home and car they are both big enough for 3 kids. We manage life with our kids well, we don't find it stressful too often and both feel like we have enough love to give to a third. We will definitely stop at 3 though.

I think the fact that we both share the care and household duties makes the decision a lot easier.
    Sounds like you have the perfect little family!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Love the pics @almai. They're both gorgeous!

Thought I'd update with some of DD. She's 6.5 months old. She's such a happy girl. We've had some dietary issues. I've been off dairy for a few weeks as DD's intolerance symptoms flared up when starting on dairy solids, so I stopped eating it to remove it from my breast milk. Other than that small hurdle, I am LOVING being a mum. It's honestly the best thing ever. (I did find it really hard adjusting to initially).
    DD is rolling over, commando crawling (almost pulled the Dyson stick vac onto herself twice today!) and she's very vocal - always talking to us in her lovely language.

I am already thinking of the next (and final one). DP can't imagine another just yet. I'll carry again but with my eggs next time. I can't wait to do it all over again!

IMG_1478859382.972274.jpgIMG_1478859499.822365.jpg

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TandR For This Useful Post:

almai  (11-11-2016),Boxergirl  (12-11-2016),TortoiseNotTheHare  (11-11-2016)

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    She is gorgeous TandR!!! I love the chatter at this age! ❤️

6. The Following User Says Thank You to almai For This Useful Post:

TandR  (11-11-2016)

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxergirl View Post
    He is absolutely heart melting ❤️

Is it likely that HG would strike again IF you were to carry?
    Short answer: yes.
    I've been pregnant 3 times, 1st at 19 and vomited daily until I lost my twins at 16w. I thought it was because I was having issues with my pregnancy back then. Then I had a chemical pregnancy (lost it just after conception) 2 cycles before ds1, but was vomiting as soon as I conceived! Then it started straight away with ds1 pregnancy and lasted till he was born! So I'm not liking my odds!
    We are using the same donor for all kids too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone's children are oh so cute!

Our little girl is 6.5 months as well. She's been eating food since four months, she showed the signs and recently went off purée so she's now onto finger foods and generally eats a version of what we eat for dinner. Steak is her favourite it seems!

She's a happy little girl.

We are thankful every day for her and our hearts are so full of love, more then we ever though possible.

We haven't decided yet if we'll go back for a second baby. We figure we have a little time to decide.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chekry For This Useful Post:

almai  (11-11-2016),TandR  (11-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chekry For This Useful Post:

almai  (11-11-2016),TandR  (11-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds1 started solids at 4 months and didn't really have any issues.
    Ds2 is 6.5 months and HATES food... mashed, whole, sweet, savoury... just angrily throws it on the floor and gags :/ best he has done is chew on a raw carrot, raw apple, strawberry and crust of toast but if any bits break off in his mouth, he gags and has even thrown up
    Any tips? We don't force it and just try every few days... will he just 'get it' one day? Should we be worried?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The gaging/choking was what I was extremely concerned about being a FTM.
    I was told the gagging was normal. It's a part of feeding and helps their muscles develop for speech ect for later.

I'd suggest try daily, even if he doesn't get it yet he will. There will just be one day it clicks.

I think it's really helped our little one with us eating at the table while she eats. So we actually all sit down to dinner together. Sometimes offering directly from what you're eating or off your plate can help as well.

There have been a few mornings I've given our little one banana strips and then eaten the banana in front of her, to give her a sort of demonstration. The first time it made her pick up her banana and put it to her mouth.

I think it's great that you don't force it at all. It's definitely important to take cues from the little ones.

Our little girl has really just started getting the eating in the last week. Some days she didn't eat anything and whatever we offered just went off the side of the highchair but I think we're getting there and what we are doing is working for us.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chekry For This Useful Post:

almai  (11-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Adorable baby girls, TandR and Chekry ❤️

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxergirl For This Useful Post:

almai  (12-11-2016)