+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Waggers as PPs have said, you're fully protected by the law here. I would contact HR making an "enquiry" and casually mention that you felt like you were put under pressure by management for taking carers leave. I work in HR and would $hit bricks if one of our staff said that to me and the manager in question would be getting a swift kick up the backside. Any HR professional with half a brain knows about general protections and adverse action and wants to stay far, far away from any claim of that nature. I'm not sure how much you want to disclose however if you feel comfortable with it, I would let HR know about your mental health issues. That will protect you further as that adds another level of complexity regarding them trying to disadvantage you in any way for utilizing the leave that you're entitled to. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another blow today - dh got fired on his second day. They were doing role play for sales and after a morning of scenarios, the boss told dh he was being let go for being "too orchestrated". This is after dh got 100% in their apptitude exams. Poor dh is devastated. He was so excited to start this job

This also means no more daycare as we can't afford it without a second steady income

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

NJ k

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    What the hell? Why didn't they check that before hiring? (Do role plays as part of the recruitment?) you think since they had hired your hubby already they would have seen if a bit of coaching could help improve things! They sound like a bunch of idiots.

Sorry Waggs, another blow you didn't need. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What kind of interview did they have that they'd fire someone for sounding too orchestrated? It sounds a bit dodgy
    I'm so sorry this happened to your family, it seems like its one bad thing after another, I hope it picks up again for you soon

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I feel so sorry for you. Just one more thing for you deal with, as if you don't have enough for now. I wish there was some live-in support network, you really need 24 hour support. Perhaps if you go back to your GP and tell your whole story, someone will be able to direct you and your husband to help. My goodness, I will pray for you all. There must be help somewhere. hugs, Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Give centrelink a call about the childcare. I'm not sure if they still do JETT. If so, it may work that if your husband goes onto partnered parenting payment but looking at returning to work you may qualify. His payment will be less than on New start but it may balance out/work out better if you get JETT. Check out their website and give them a call.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (24-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh. Massive hugs. Life is so unfair at times.
    They do still do JETT but you have to have an employment pathway plan and be receiving benefits. I would definitely call centrelink and ask about child care options. If you're earning under a certain amount you may be eligible for some assistance. It's worth a phone call if you get a result.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Oh gosh. Massive hugs. Life is so unfair at times.
    They do still do JETT but you have to have an employment pathway plan and be receiving benefits. I would definitely call centrelink and ask about child care options. If you're earning under a certain amount you may be eligible for some assistance. It's worth a phone call if you get a result.

Good to know they still do it. I'd assume her husband will qualify for a payment, partnered parenting pension at minimum if they switch them around and make her the breadwinner and him the primary carer. The employment pathway plan would then be for him (since she has a job) and the JETT to enable him to return to work.

They'll know if it could be done this way but definitely worth a shot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Good to know they still do it. I'd assume her husband will qualify for a payment, partnered parenting pension at minimum if they switch them around and make her the breadwinner and him the primary carer. The employment pathway plan would then be for him (since she has a job) and the JETT to enable him to return to work.

They'll know if it could be done this way but definitely worth a shot.
    Definitely! it's worth investigating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh I feel for you waggers. people paint the picture of parenthood being rainbows and butterflies, and it simply isn't true. MY 2yr old is really difficult tantruming child and I lose my **** more often than Id like to count. I suffer from depression and have had those same thoughts as you and still do. I probably go week on week off with depression.
    when you are so down its hard to see things in a different light. I've threatened to leave my kids an just walk cos I feel like they make me negative. all I do is nag and then dealing with the two year old can be torture, she chucks massive screaming tantrums just like your child over the littlest things, I have to force her into her car seat, Im the parent with the screaming child over her shoulder just trying to buy some bloody milk and bread etc.

IMO get some stronger anti depressants and go and do something for yourself. horse-riding, bushwalking etc anything to make you feel like a normal person.

I hope your child isn't being to trying for you today.

ps I love the blog ' motherhood - a big fat F you.' It rings so true.

xoxo