+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Health check-ups?

How often do you get a health check-up?

It probably sounds a bit weird to ask, but I've not ever gone to the doctor in the past unless I'm sick.... But I feel like I should be getting regular check-ups and while I think I'm healthy enough I'd like to know for sure. I've also been slack with Pap tests in the past but must get onto that too!

What do I do - just make an appointment with my GP for a 'check-up'? And what do they test for?? Bloods, hormones? Is it something I should be doing? Or is it mainly for older people?? I'm late 30's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I've never had a health check up. I rarely go to the doctor unless there are specific reasons. I don't have paps smears even though I should.
    I have huge family history of breast cancer fairly young. My mother started having regular mammograms/checks for that in her 30's so I guess maybe I should as well?

I guess you would just make a long appointment at the GP and request full bloods and whatever else?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I'm not pregnant and seeing my dr regularly I go once every 12 months. Get my blood pressure and cholesterol checked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh ok thank you. I know it doesn't happen unless they suspect something but I'd like a full body scan just to put my mind at ease.... It's so weird but I just want to know lately! I do think my hormones are crazy though, well not crazy but I KNOW what part of the month it is loud and clear whereas I never used to notice or get pms or ovulation symptoms but now I do, probably because I'm ageing boo!
    @HarvestMoon, yes, I would definitely start getting regular check-ups if you have family history of breast cancer Just to put your mind at ease luv. X

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (15-06-2014)