+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Yep, I am familiar with how it works and it does make me wonder. Part ofthe reason why I don't have flybuys or rewards is because I don't like them sharing my details/information.
    yep! And anyone who thinks they are there to reward customers are kidding themselves.

Flybuys is the biggest scam of all!

They're purely there for the retailers to sell you more things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am ok with sharing my info/spending habits for "free" stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    yep! And anyone who thinks they are there to reward customers are kidding themselves.

Flybuys is the biggest scam of all!

They're purely there for the retailers to sell you more things.
    Well last year at Christmas I cashed in $300 worth of flybuys points and didn't have to shell out a cent for the food/drink for Christmas lunch! If that's the way a scam works I'm happy to sign up to more!!! I don't care if it is because the retailer wants to collect info on me, the ability to put those points towards spoiling my family at Christmas far outweighs any concern I have about them tailoring direct marketing to my shopping habits!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am happy using Flybuys, but I do think if you aren't careful you could end up worse off. For example with their 'bonus points if you buy xx product', you are only in front if you were going to buy it anyway.

The main way we get points is via our NAB credit card which we pay off in full every month.

As far as them knowing our spending habits, I would imagine these things would be fairly easily tracked these days anyhow. It does annoy me, but not enough to stop me using their system.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I saw an episode of four corners about the way information is used. Back ally when you are a flybuys or rewards customer, you are signing away your information.

Couldn't care less about $300 when it comes to identity theft.

http://m.smh.com.au/national/coles-s...308-34efw.html

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stopped using all rewards bar my credit card (and only if necessary ) because of the data selling that goes on. I appreciate there may be savings by using them but I'm not prepared to have them track what I'm buying, what method I use to pay and any other info they collect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    You don't really need to supply your data. You can tick off anything/write anything on the forms when signing up to reward cards. Tick that you are a 50 year old single man with no kids when really you are a 30 year old married woman with kids. Your purchases would probably look odd to them but you would still be entitled to the rewards points.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do ppl who are opposed to flybuys have Facebook? Your signing your rights away to any privacy whatsoever then too. Same thing but no monetary rewards for doing so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    Do ppl who are opposed to flybuys have Facebook? Your signing your rights away to any privacy whatsoever then too. Same thing but no monetary rewards for doing so.

No, I'm not on fb either and request all friends and family who are to not put photos of me or DD on there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I read somewhere woolies thought the blade had been inserted at the point of sale, not in the factory...