+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Unhappy What's Normal After a Medically Necessary Termination?

On the 2nd of June I had a D+C because the doctors found out I had my second missed miscarriage (in a row) at 9 weeks (bubs passed at 6wks 2 days).

I'm a bit of a hypochondriac, especially when it comes to baby and pregnancy stuff, and I'm sick of going to the doctors for little things only for them to tell me not to worry so I just want some personal experiences to see if what I'm experiencing is 'normal'.

For the first week after the operation everything was fine, barely any bleeding, only a tiny bit of cramping just emotional stuff but when I got past the first week I started to have some heavier bleeding, no much but enough to be like a period. (I definitely wasn't soaking a pad every hour or anything although I passed some blood clots which was worrying) Sorry for TMI.
    I've had some back pain like period pain, and a little bit of abdominal cramping but nothing too severe.

But I'm now in my third week since having the D+C and I'm still bleeding, not much but I thought it would have finished by now. I don't think it's a period, as much as I would like it to be. I've also taken a pregnancy test and it's still coming up positive.. quite clearly too. Not sure if maybe there's a possibility that I've had an incomplete D+C or I may have an infection.

I'm just at my emotional wits end, sick of bleeding and just exhausted from the whole thing. I really just want to hurry up and get the all clear to start TTC again.

Any comments appreciated, just need some reassurance from people who've been in my shoes I suppose.
    Last edited by tazz475; 11-06-2014 at 12:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry for your loss. It's a terrible feeling to not know when it's gone wrong. I had a d&c after a missed miscarriage and I'm pretty sure the bleeding went for about 3-4 weeks but it got very light towards the end. I didn't do any preg tests but felt all the preg symptoms for quite awhile, which I think is because it takes a while for the hcg hormones to completely go. Have you had any full term pregnancies op?

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope, which is mostly why I'm stressing, can't seem to make it past 6 weeks, although my body wants to hold on to the pregnancy.
    I've got an appointment in July though to go to a pregnancy investigation unit for recurrent miscarriages, I also opted to have bubs tested from this pregnancy to see if we could find out why I've been miscarrying.
    I'm terrified that I might not even be able to have kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh tazz475, I hope you get some answers. I guess I was just asking as my memory of the post d&c bleeding was similar to post baby for me, but that varies so much from woman to women. I think if you're concerned about the bleeding you could call that 13 health ph no for some guidance. How long have you been ttc? I can't imagine how hard it would be to have miscarriages straight up :-( hope you get some answers and a sticky one is just around the corner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I fell pregnant without trying (happily) in 2013 and then we were actively trying for about 4 months before i fell pregnant this time, it felt like an eternity
    I've never had a good call with the pregnancy hotline... they've always just wasted my time and I've ended up going to a doctor or to the Women's Services Dept. at the Women's and Children's Hospital.
    I think if I'm still bleeding by next Monday I'll go and get my antibiotics, I really don't want to get an infection!

The TTC part isn't so bad for me, if we really try I get pregnant at the drop of a hat.. I don't think I'll ever have a care free pregnancy now though. I just hate having missed miscarriages, the first I carried until 11 weeks only to find out that bubs had passed at 6 weeks.. I was absolutely devastated and completely unprepared to find out I'd been carrying bubs for 5 weeks and had no idea that he/she has passed away. that's why I opted to have an early scan this time..

It's just fingers crossed now that they don't find any problems at the recurrent miscarriage clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like a good plan. I think going in for an early scan us a great idea. Best of luck!

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

sounds like a good plan.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    If you have an infection, the pain would be unbearable. At least, that is what it was like for me.

I would get checked over by the GP anyway, just to make sure that everything is ok. Make an appt for tomorrow if you can. If you are in pain (and I remember pacing for hours on end, using a heatpack etc.. painkillers didn't touch the sides of this pain, it was constant) then head to the ER.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I haven't been through this, big hugs. My sister got an infection though after a DnC and went from a bit crampy and fine to a sobbing mess on the couch. She couldn't even drive herself to the doctors. Antibiotics cleared it up.

I do know HCG can take ages to leave your system. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have no pain at all anymore.
    Now I feel stupid for being over the top thinking I have an infection when there's no pain... Probably just being over the top, good thing I didn't go to the doctors.. :/