+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,031
    Thanks
    373
    Thanked
    1,598
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Coconut water

    I have read all the benefits of coconut water and because my goal this year is to get DH, myself and the kids healthier I have decided to start having coconut water a few times a day but when I went looking to buy some I found that getting powered coconut water was cheaper which is great as the bottles or cans are very pricey but I don't want to buy it if it isn't as good. So who drinks coconut water and if you do is the powered version just as good as the liquid?

  2. #2
    SpecialPatrolGroup's Avatar
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the messy house, Brisbane
    Posts
    9,481
    Thanks
    2,180
    Thanked
    5,405
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you tasted coconut water? It is all pretty feral. Sorry to be unsupportive. Hopefully someone can give you some constructive responses.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,031
    Thanks
    373
    Thanked
    1,598
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Have you tasted coconut water? It is all pretty feral. Sorry to be unsupportive. Hopefully someone can give you some constructive responses.
    Haven't tried it yet but it can't be any worse then spirulina lol

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,297
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    218
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry no advice on the powered coconut water but I find the regular stuff quite nice 👍

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    641
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked
    169
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What about using an unrefined coconut oil to make your own coconut water? From what I've read, unrefined has the most health benefits. I've bought a tub if the oil this week and while it is hard in the tub, it melts in no time even just sitting on your finger.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,031
    Thanks
    373
    Thanked
    1,598
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tried plain coconut water yesterday after boot camp and I promptly threw up! DH had a one that had pineapple flavouring and liked it so might try that because it really seemed to help with post workout recovery. I am thinking about getting a water bottle that has a fruit tube thingo in the middle and buying freeze dried coconut water powder so I can use different fruits and make it to taste.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,149
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked
    505
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca85 View Post
    What about using an unrefined coconut oil to make your own coconut water? From what I've read, unrefined has the most health benefits. I've bought a tub if the oil this week and while it is hard in the tub, it melts in no time even just sitting on your finger.
    Sorry but this would be disgusting. The oil is made from the flesh of the coconut, coconut water is the actual water inside a coconut. It's a different thing. Both have health properties in different ways. I think OP wants the water for the nutrients and electrolytes after a workout? OP I haven't tried powdered but I don't mind it plain or flavoured. You could always add plain to green smoothies etc.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,583
    Thanks
    3,231
    Thanked
    6,566
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yeh I don't like the taste of the water either ( or does DS unfortunately!) but my SIL ( naturopath) swears by it and drinks it daily - she said the power form is fine and to also add it to water when you are steaming or boiling veggies or add it to smoothies or other juices , which reminds me I might start doing this!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,031
    Thanks
    373
    Thanked
    1,598
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbie View Post
    Sorry but this would be disgusting. The oil is made from the flesh of the coconut, coconut water is the actual water inside a coconut. It's a different thing. Both have health properties in different ways. I think OP wants the water for the nutrients and electrolytes after a workout? OP I haven't tried powdered but I don't mind it plain or flavoured. You could always add plain to green smoothies etc.
    Yes I want it mainly for workouts, before and after to help with recovery.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,031
    Thanks
    373
    Thanked
    1,598
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Yeh I don't like the taste of the water either ( or does DS unfortunately!) but my SIL ( naturopath) swears by it and drinks it daily - she said the power form is fine and to also add it to water when you are steaming or boiling veggies or add it to smoothies or other juices , which reminds me I might start doing this!
    I only tried a can of the plain so I hope the flavoured is better but I think if I am going to have 2 glasses of it a day getting the powdered and trying to find a good fruit infusion combo I like and making it to my taste might make it easier to swallow


 

Similar Threads

  1. Can coconut oil be used for shallow frying?
    By JR03 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-02-2014, 08:12
  2. Recipe for coconut chicken curry
    By Lansta in forum Recipes & Lunchbox Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-09-2013, 07:08
  3. Coconut oil in hair = dry and brittle!
    By pisang in forum Beauty
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 28-08-2013, 13:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
The Health Hub & Glowing ExpectationsGlowing Expectations is conveniently located at The Health Hub in Darlinghurst. We offer pre & post natal personal ...
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›