+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My baby's broken . I don't understand what's going on. He's all of the sudden started wanting his dummy in the night, seems gassier than normal and doing a poo in the night.

Usually if he eats he burps and goes straight back to sleep but the past few days it's taking ages to burp him and he's getting all jerky like he doesn't know if he wants to eat, sleep or burp. Normally he'd eat, sleep on my shoulder until he burps and then lay down and back to sleep. Now he eats, jerks around and fusses on my shoulder and whenever I finally lay him back down he falls asleep for a few minutes then wakes wimpering and wants his dummy.

He's farting heaps, doing a poo sometimes at night now, and really hard to get a burp out of. I think teeth are bothering him too as his nappies are dodgey and he's pulling on his ear heaps. Also maybe why he wants the dummy, I use these avent silicone ones and he likes to chew on them.

I don't know what to do thinking of taking him to GP to ask about the gas and ear pulling. I'd hate to assume the ear pulling is teeth and have it be infected.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    My baby's broken . I don't understand what's going on. He's all of the sudden started wanting his dummy in the night, seems gassier than normal and doing a poo in the night.

Usually if he eats he burps and goes straight back to sleep but the past few days it's taking ages to burp him and he's getting all jerky like he doesn't know if he wants to eat, sleep or burp. Normally he'd eat, sleep on my shoulder until he burps and then lay down and back to sleep. Now he eats, jerks around and fusses on my shoulder and whenever I finally lay him back down he falls asleep for a few minutes then wakes wimpering and wants his dummy.

He's farting heaps, doing a poo sometimes at night now, and really hard to get a burp out of. I think teeth are bothering him too as his nappies are dodgey and he's pulling on his ear heaps. Also maybe why he wants the dummy, I use these avent silicone ones and he likes to chew on them.

I don't know what to do thinking of taking him to GP to ask about the gas and ear pulling. I'd hate to assume the ear pulling is teeth and have it be infected.
    Yeah maybe just do like you said and take him to the doctors "just in case" hopefully it's just the teething causing all the fuss. And hopefully for your sale it settles soon

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Can teething make them gassier do you think?

Eta: on a side note, he was weighed yesterday and has jumped a percentile line! He had been between the 25th and 50th percentile, following that since birth (don't know who these giant babies are he's being compared to as he's pretty round!) and now he's between the 50th and 75th! So has grown heaps! Obviously one reason he wants to eat more!
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 15-07-2014 at 15:18.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just googled it and it was a really common question so it must! But the explanation was because they're crying more so swallowing more air....he's not crying....

There was another explanation about the added saliva which causes the frothy poos and the acid from the frothy poos causes more gas....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good idea to get him checked out if he's pulling his ears, just to rule out an infection. It can also be a teething sign though I think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SalsaMama View Post
    Good idea to get him checked out if he's pulling his ears, just to rule out an infection. It can also be a teething sign though I think?
    Yeah I'm fairly certain it's teeth, I checked last time and it was but I'd hate to just assume. Although he's giggling and squealing like a nutter right now so fairly certain it's not an infection!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Definitely sounds like his teething. Ahhhh you poor thing it's always one thing or another . So happy for you that bub has jumped percentile lines that's awesome new my bubs due for a weigh on or around the 20th plus 6 month needle gah :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Think I'm going to grab some gripe water, I found thread on another forum where moms were chatting about their babies having bad wind during teething and gripe water helped. Has anyone used it? With all my baby experience I've actually never really had a gassy baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Think I'm going to grab some gripe water, I found thread on another forum where moms were chatting about their babies having bad wind during teething and gripe water helped. Has anyone used it? With all my baby experience I've actually never really had a gassy baby!
    I tried it before DS1 was diagnosed with silent reflux. It made things infinitely worse but I think it exacerbated the reflux.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SalsaMama View Post
    I tried it before DS1 was diagnosed with silent reflux. It made things infinitely worse but I think it exacerbated the reflux.
    Yes it's bad for reflux babies it makes the reflux worse. We didn't find that out until a couple of weeks after starting the gripe water every single ingredient in it is bad for reflux it's all outlined on reflux.org.au wish the doctors had told us we found out from the website.