+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 665
  1. #221
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13,067
    Thanks
    9,846
    Thanked
    12,964
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Probably

    I just want to cry. I really wish I was dead sometimes. I just cannot cope with two kids. I'm tired and things seem to be getting much harder, not easier
    Oh Hun
    How about that daycare plan for your first born a few days a week? I love my recharge time when my toddler is in daycare..

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    Bond Girl  (23-06-2014)

  3. #222
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,128
    Thanks
    1,433
    Thanked
    1,377
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm reading save out sleep at the moment, in only on page 100 if that. I also have 'the no cry sleep solution' which I want to read.

    I was going to start tizzys schedule this morning but was so tired that when I got the opportunity to sleep till 8am this morning I took it.

    I can start tomorrow as ds1 is actually already at daycare on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

    I was saying to DH last night that i DREAD night time, I hate it. I used to look forward to nights so I could sleep, even when DS 2 was born as he was always such a great sleeper until recently

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

    VicPark  (23-06-2014)

  5. #223
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,677
    Thanks
    1,057
    Thanked
    887
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post

    I was saying to DH last night that i DREAD night time, I hate it. I used to look forward to nights so I could sleep, even when DS 2 was born as he was always such a great sleeper until recently
    I've felt like this a lot in the past. Night time doesn't mean rest, it means keep dragging yourself up from a deep sleep to see to a baby, as much as hourly, and feeling alone as the house is dark and quiet, with DH sleeping. It's 24/7, there is no real break. I'm still up around 3 times a night now but it's gradually got easier as she's resettling quicker. The worse bit is getting out of bed, it's horrible, but I gradually wake up as I feed her. I try to take the opportunity to kiss her head, cuddle her close and remind myself I'm all she needs right now. Many other times I've been upset, angry and over it. But it passes. And it will pass for you too in time. Just do what you need to get through the hard days. Xxx

  6. #224
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    385
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked
    89
    Reviews
    0
    Sorry I haven't had the chance to read all of the replies, but we had massive issues with our DD when she turned 4 months.

    I went to my CHN who recommended 'Your Sleepless Baby' by Rowena BENNETT. Apparently the author used to work at Ellen Barron sleep school and she explains the 4 month sleep regression as your bub becoming more aware of his/her surroundings and becoming dependant on the sleep cues he or she has been using to get to sleep.

    This book encourages removal of 'negative' sleep cues (rocking, patting etc) as babies wake once they are gone and need it back to go back to sleep. This was certainly happening with mine - I would shush and pat her to sleep and she would wake up a few minutes later crying. It would take me hours to get her to sleep!!

    Anyway, to cut a long story short, this book changed life for us completely. If you get a chance, have a look at the reviews on Amazon - almost all positive. For $10 for an e-book, you've got nothing to lose.

    Sorry, I promise I have no link to the author ! I just rave about this book whenever I can!!

    Good luck

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gizmo For This Useful Post:

    Albert01  (23-06-2014),SAgirl  (24-06-2014)

  8. #225
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,567
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    398
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Sorry I haven't had the chance to read all of the replies, but we had massive issues with our DD when she turned 4 months.

    I went to my CHN who recommended 'Your Sleepless Baby' by Rowena BENNETT. Apparently the author used to work at Ellen Barron sleep school and she explains the 4 month sleep regression as your bub becoming more aware of his/her surroundings and becoming dependant on the sleep cues he or she has been using to get to sleep.

    This book encourages removal of 'negative' sleep cues (rocking, patting etc) as babies wake once they are gone and need it back to go back to sleep. This was certainly happening with mine - I would shush and pat her to sleep and she would wake up a few minutes later crying. It would take me hours to get her to sleep!!

    Anyway, to cut a long story short, this book changed life for us completely. If you get a chance, have a look at the reviews on Amazon - almost all positive. For $10 for an e-book, you've got nothing to lose.

    Sorry, I promise I have no link to the author ! I just rave about this book whenever I can!!

    Good luck
    Worth a go!! My ds took ages to get to sleep tonight he always needs rocking patting and shushing when ever he wakes. In his defence he usually goes off nicely for the first part of the night but dp was playing on our bed with him and dd and dd distracted him for no more than a second and ds fell off the bed so I took him to emergency his fine but it knocked his bedtime routine around this arvo

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  9. #226
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    4,088
    Thanks
    1,467
    Thanked
    1,221
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    I'm reading save out sleep at the moment, in only on page 100 if that. I also have 'the no cry sleep solution' which I want to read.

    I was going to start tizzys schedule this morning but was so tired that when I got the opportunity to sleep till 8am this morning I took it.

    I can start tomorrow as ds1 is actually already at daycare on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

    I was saying to DH last night that i DREAD night time, I hate it. I used to look forward to nights so I could sleep, even when DS 2 was born as he was always such a great sleeper until recently
    That book was my bible! I taught DD the routine from 2 weeks old and by 12 weeks she was sleeping right through. Then the 4 month regression hit and its like she forgot how to fall asleep and stay asleep! It does pass. I know it's sucky when people say that, but it really will pass. DD is 13 months now and her sleep has changed a few times thanks to teething and a bout of night time separation anxiety. Unfortunately you just have to ride it out. Huge hugs xx

    Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  10. #227
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13,067
    Thanks
    9,846
    Thanked
    12,964
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Sorry I haven't had the chance to read all of the replies, but we had massive issues with our DD when she turned 4 months.

    I went to my CHN who recommended 'Your Sleepless Baby' by Rowena BENNETT. Apparently the author used to work at Ellen Barron sleep school and she explains the 4 month sleep regression as your bub becoming more aware of his/her surroundings and becoming dependant on the sleep cues he or she has been using to get to sleep.

    This book encourages removal of 'negative' sleep cues (rocking, patting etc) as babies wake once they are gone and need it back to go back to sleep. This was certainly happening with mine - I would shush and pat her to sleep and she would wake up a few minutes later crying. It would take me hours to get her to sleep!!

    Anyway, to cut a long story short, this book changed life for us completely. If you get a chance, have a look at the reviews on Amazon - almost all positive. For $10 for an e-book, you've got nothing to lose.

    Sorry, I promise I have no link to the author ! I just rave about this book whenever I can!!

    Good luck
    This (the removal of negative sleep aids) sounds very similar to the Save our Sleep book. Must be something in it! (Removing the sleep aids that is).

  11. #228
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13,067
    Thanks
    9,846
    Thanked
    12,964
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    I'm reading save out sleep at the moment, in only on page 100 if that. I also have 'the no cry sleep solution' which I want to read.

    I was going to start tizzys schedule this morning but was so tired that when I got the opportunity to sleep till 8am this morning I took it.

    I can start tomorrow as ds1 is actually already at daycare on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

    I was saying to DH last night that i DREAD night time, I hate it. I used to look forward to nights so I could sleep, even when DS 2 was born as he was always such a great sleeper until recently
    Admitting you are considering SOS can be political suicide here on BH so if you have any questions or if anything doesn't make sense feel free to PM me. It has helped my bub get through the 4 month sleep regression (after about 2? Weeks if hell).

  12. #229
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,128
    Thanks
    1,433
    Thanked
    1,377
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Admitting you are considering SOS can be political suicide here on BH so if you have any questions or if anything doesn't make sense feel free to PM me. It has helped my bub get through the 4 month sleep regression (after about 2? Weeks if hell).
    Thanks

    You know what, I started a thread here a while ago about this book asking opinions as I hadn't read it yet, anyway to be honest I haven't finished reading it, still getting there but I have no idea what the huge fuss is about...

    A lot of my friends told me I would hate it and it was cruel etc but I really wonder if they even read it? I don't think anything she has written so far is bad at all.. And I consider myself kinda like an 'attachment parent'

    I haven't read anywhere where she says to put too many blankets on or something about swaddling a baby in a car seat - I wouldn't do that, ever, but her book (so far) hasn't said anything that stupid...

    I also heard something about keeping babies awake for long periods... Well I don't see anything about that either, or cry it out...

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

    FirstTimeMummy2012  (25-06-2014),VicPark  (25-06-2014)

  14. #230
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,567
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    398
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ideas? Something seems to be bothering DS the last 3 nights he hasnt slept at all and screams murder!!

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using The Bub Hub mobile app


 

Similar Threads

  1. 18 month old in a bed
    By malis in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 17:05
  2. Is 4 bfs enough for 8 month old?
    By Little Miss Sunshine in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2013, 06:39
  3. Plane activities for 8 month and 23 month olds???
    By bigZ in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-09-2013, 07:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
KindyROOKindyROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›