+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 665
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,523
    Thanks
    3,430
    Thanked
    3,723
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD2 is 6.5 months now. I started trying once a week at 4 months but she didn't seem ready. I started going daily at 6 months and that's kind of when everything turned to sh1t! Could still be a coincidence...

    They recommend 4 months for solids now. But I think it's really when they are ready, showing an interest and swallowing it fine.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,121
    Thanks
    4,916
    Thanked
    4,774
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The UK is very strictly 6 months and the WHO is 6 months as well. The health nurse told me definitely not before 22 weeks. I thought Victoria at least was more towards 6 months? Is it only Tizzie that recommends 4?

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    The UK is very strictly 6 months and the WHO is 6 months as well. The health nurse told me definitely not before 22 weeks. I thought Victoria at least was more towards 6 months? Is it only Tizzie that recommends 4?
    Depends on your health nurse, family doctor, paed or who ever else you see. The guidelines via my DS's dietician are 5 1/2 months to 6 1/2 months no earlier no later. But my doctor paed and Mchn said to try now to help with the reflux.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,128
    Thanks
    1,433
    Thanked
    1,377
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tizzy has no qualifications though does she?

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've decided the easiest way to get through the day with DS now is to baby wear.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,121
    Thanks
    4,916
    Thanked
    4,774
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post

    They recommend 4 months for solids now. But I think it's really when they are ready, showing an interest and swallowing it fine.
    I just googled and it said Australia is 6 months. Agree and understand with Literally though that your dr may recommend.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,121
    Thanks
    4,916
    Thanked
    4,774
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Tizzy has no qualifications though does she?
    Don't think so.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,128
    Thanks
    1,433
    Thanked
    1,377
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mmm I'm confused

    What's the worst part of teething for a baby? Isn't it BEFORE the tooth comes through the gum?

    DS tooth is through, well it feels like it is, he hasn't been unsettled at all apart from the night wakings but is easily settled after a quick feed. But today twice he's cried hysterically.

    I've never heard him cry so much and I'm worried

    His cheeks were a bit red earlier and he has had a bit of dribble but I can't understand why his teeth would be giving him grief when it's already come through? And if it's a 2nd tooth coming that's causing the pain, then why wasn't he this unsettled and upset when the first one came?

    I'm also worried as yesterday DS1 head butted him accidentally REALLY hard. DS2 was lying on the couch when DS was standing in front of him and he threw his head back really hard and fast and their heads hit

    It was right in DS2's face

    He cried a LOT but settled afterwards and he was fine all yesterday and last night. But today seems so unsettled and upset

    I was going to take him to hospital yesterday but then he was fine after he stopped crying and then this morning I was going to take hi again as he cried but then we thought it was his teeth hurting and he settled down after some Panadol...

    I'm so confused

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The crying it's obviously just the day for it. My DS is usually sooky but has had a few hysterical episodes today.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13,067
    Thanks
    9,846
    Thanked
    12,964
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Mmm I'm confused

    What's the worst part of teething for a baby? Isn't it BEFORE the tooth comes through the gum?

    DS tooth is through, well it feels like it is, he hasn't been unsettled at all apart from the night wakings but is easily settled after a quick feed. But today twice he's cried hysterically.

    I've never heard him cry so much and I'm worried

    His cheeks were a bit red earlier and he has had a bit of dribble but I can't understand why his teeth would be giving him grief when it's already come through? And if it's a 2nd tooth coming that's causing the pain, then why wasn't he this unsettled and upset when the first one came?

    I'm also worried as yesterday DS1 head butted him accidentally REALLY hard. DS2 was lying on the couch when DS was standing in front of him and he threw his head back really hard and fast and their heads hit

    It was right in DS2's face

    He cried a LOT but settled afterwards and he was fine all yesterday and last night. But today seems so unsettled and upset

    I was going to take him to hospital yesterday but then he was fine after he stopped crying and then this morning I was going to take hi again as he cried but then we thought it was his teeth hurting and he settled down after some Panadol...

    I'm so confused
    Poor bubba! Can you ring the health direct line and get their advice on the head injury?


 

Similar Threads

  1. 18 month old in a bed
    By malis in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 18:05
  2. Is 4 bfs enough for 8 month old?
    By Little Miss Sunshine in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2013, 07:39
  3. Plane activities for 8 month and 23 month olds???
    By bigZ in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-09-2013, 08:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Baby U & The Wiggles - Toilet Training ProductsToilet training can be a testing time but Baby U is there to assist you and your toddler with the daunting task of ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Do people suck...?General Chat
❤Joyous June/July TTC!❤Conception & Fertility General Chat
Neighbours 30 years - 2015Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
Same Sex Parents TTC #5Same Sex Parents
When should I test? TTCPregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›