+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh DaniSam, that is a little disappointing that you have to wait the weekend, but yes hopefully Monday will come with good news
    Took an O test today and it was positive, but have read that a lot got false positives so who knows. Will keep DTD every second day, if not every day till the blood test so we catch any chance we get! haha. I am just desperate to know if I O as if not then I can get a higher dose of clomid.. haha.
    Am keeping my fingers crossed that you O DaniSam and look forward to hearing good news Monday !!1

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update - just phoned in for my blood results and I have very low levels. Less that 1. So in short I didn't ovulate. I have to be out on a higher dose and then have a blood test on day 21 again for my next cycle. Unfortunately this month wasnt my month

a positive o test - Yay I hope it's accurate. Sounds like you have a good plan with the Dtd every second day. What day are you in your cycle?

Person question. Are you using lube? I find I am very dry down there sorry tmi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh DaniSam, that is so disappointing! But on a positive note, it is good to know so that you can increase the dose and try again next month!
    Currently I am D12 in my cycle and got 2 positive OT's over the weekend and today negative so not sure as it seems too soon to O but will keep going with the OTs till my blood test on D21.
    Not using lube at the moment but have considered getting some as I have heard that clomid can dry you up, but just make sure it is sperm friendly !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    not sure if anyone has mentioned it in the other posts as I haven't read through them all but clomid can make things a bit dry down there & so checking ur CM isn't going to be a good tell tail sign of ovulation. There are sperm safe lubes u can buy but I never did...I have 3 kids all from using clomid. took 20mths #1 (1year for trying on our own), 10mths #2 & 19mths #3.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to larazie For This Useful Post:

DaniSam  (16-06-2014),tassiewife  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes tassiewife I am a bit disappointed but at the same time everything happens for a reason. I do wonder why we wouldn't be put on the higher Dose to start with instead of having to increase the dose month after month etc.

i think some people do O early so maybe you have O'd. But definitely still keep with the OPKs just to be sure.

As for lube I have been thinking of pre seed. It sorry friendly I think.

Thankyou Larazie for the information defianately gives us hope

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DaniSam For This Useful Post:

larazie  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    the reason ur not put on the higher dose from the start is it could over stimulate ur ovaries & produce too many eggs at once..i know it sounds great as there would be more of a chance getting preg but imagine having or 5 eggs& 3 or more of them fertilising + these the risk of those ones dividing too...its more to be on the safe side.
    I als used OPKs but used the clearblue brand with the smiley face on it...much cheaper off ebay. in the chemist they are around $80 for 7 tests but on ebay u can get 20 tests for about $58.

Just dont give up hope.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to larazie For This Useful Post:

DaniSam  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Larazie - I didn't think of the eggs and producing to many. I always just thought of one. Omg if there was more chance of 2 or more. Eeek. So yep j understand now also when using OPKs should you test just once a day or maybe morning and night? As I have heard of negative morning test but smiley positive test at night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use to just do the tests in the morning as if u get a negative in the morning but then its positive at night u still have time to catch it as they say once u get the smiley u should DTD in the next 48hr to maximise chances of getting pregnant.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to larazie For This Useful Post:

tassiewife  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought the same with the dosage, but thanks to larazie I know too understand.. no way do I want lots of multiples in me! haha

Hopefully next month is the month for you DaniSam- it is a nerve racking process this whole thing- the 2ww I hear is hard let alone the stress of just waiting to see if you O !! haha.. bring on D21 here!!!
    Got the negative with the OT yesterday morning, but got a positive this morning so who knows, could seriously be the clomid stuffing the tests around, time will tell !
    Interesting about the type of tests you guys use, I may need to change to them as that is much easier to see a yes or no, than two lines! haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tassiewife I bought my tests off eBay. A lot cheaper and this sounds silly but I like the privacy of it arriving in my mailbox without me having to buy off the shelf.
    They are so good it gives you a blank face when not ovulating and a smiley when you are. Soo easy to read. And I think having PCOS can give fake positives in OPKs doesn't it? Or maybe I dreamed that? Either way keep up your bd every 2 days and you will cover your basis.

Im not to bad with the nerves I try to blank it out a bit and still remain positive. But it's still tough. I'm wondering now when I will get my period as I went 5 months before seeing FS. I just want to get into the next dose already lol.

This week is going soo fast. Wednesday already. My gosh! Hope you both have a great day.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaniSam For This Useful Post:

larazie  (18-06-2014),tassiewife  (19-06-2014)