+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brimm View Post
    Just a little update; I cancelled the appointment for today, they weren't entirely happy at all! I also booked in for a dating scan today at 1:30. My husband is home sick and said he'll go along with me.
    He still wants me to go ahead with the termination and to book it in for Monday.
    That's great!!! Screw them, it doesn't matter if they're happy or not, this is a babies life not some appointment to get your nails done or something!! Hopefully your husband might grow a conscious when he sees that little heartbeat today. Stay strong.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (30-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just a little update; I cancelled the appointment for today, they weren't entirely happy at all! I also booked in for a dating scan today at 1:30. My husband is home sick and said he'll go along with me.
    He still wants me to go ahead with the termination and to book it in for Monday.
    You go ahead and book the termination on Monday if that is what YOU decide that YOU want. Don't let him dictate. Take your time, it's your decision.

Are you hoping he'll change his mind when he attends the dating scan? I do get the feeling you want this baby, you just don't want to lose your husband.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (30-05-2014),HarvestMoon  (30-05-2014),PurpleButterfly4  (30-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had that happen to me when I cancelled an appointment for an abortion- it just goes to show how those clinics don't care about you only losing money from you. I'm glad your husband is coming to the ultrasound with you but don't hold your breath about him changing his mind- he sounds very stubborn. Do you know roughly how many weeks you will be at the scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
    That's great!!! Screw them, it doesn't matter if they're happy or not, this is a babies life not some appointment to get your nails done or something!! Hopefully your husband might grow a conscious when he sees that little heartbeat today. Stay strong.
    Will you be able to hear the heart beat? I'm not even sure how it all works. Normally I would prepare myself a lot better by reading books and everything, but being unexpected...I haven't had time to prepare!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can usually hear a heartbeat from around 6-7 weeks from your last period

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will you be able to hear the heart beat? I'm not even sure how it all works. Normally I would prepare myself a lot better by reading books and everything, but being unexpected...I haven't had time to prepare!
    How far along do you think you are? Usually from about 6 weeks you can hear it.
    Best of luck. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    It depends on how far along you are. I have been for a dating scan and there was no heartbeat only for there to be one a few days later. I am glad you are going for a scan and your husband has agreed to go with you. Even if he doesn't change his mind maybe he will be a bit more supportive after plus maybe it will help you figure out which way to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Puffin View Post
    How far along do you think you are? Usually from about 6 weeks you can hear it.
    Best of luck. X
    The Dr believed I was around 5 weeks since my last menstrual cycle and that was 2 weeks ago, so probably around 7 weeks. But when I went in on Monday and had an ultrasound done (for the termination) it was very quick and they just said "you're very early" and left it at that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How did you go Brimm?

Thanks
    Reviews
    They will probably do an internal ultrasound if they don't pick up a heartbeat at your scan (-if you agree to it). I always do, but I've had loads of kids and I'm unfazed by it all. I always wanted to see my baby in as much detail as possible. An internal ultrasound is where they use a probe that looks a bit like a skinny dildo with a condom on it and some of the gel inside the condom to get a better view of the baby.