+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovulation predictor?

I have been reading up on ovulation a kits and have read on some sites that ovulation strips don't work when you have PCOS?? Can anybody explain to me why this is the case, I am confused. Thanks ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think this is the case for women who have issues with their LH levels due to the PCOS. An ovulation predictor kit will detect a surge in LH so in my case (I suffer from very high LH) the kit will show I am constantly ovulating as my levels will register high. It depends on each individual person and their hormone levels I guess.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

newbie3  (29-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess it is up to the individual then, I have been using them for about 3 months and have just had my first positive one. I was not sure what to make of it as I have just started on metformin and vitex about 3 weeks ago. I am new to pcos and still don't really know what I am doing in order to conceive another baby, I have 3 daughters and never had any problem conceiving them and now I can't even establish a cycle. I guess it will happen over time. Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Before I saw my gyn and when my DH and I decided to start trying we used the O predictors and always got a negative, am now on clomid and just finished my first cycle so am now using the O predictors and got 2 positives (this morning and yesterday) and as normal people would get excited about this and do the deed with their partners I am hesitant as I have heard and read you can get false positives with them when on Clomid. But will keep trying and see what happens. I think it is worth giving it a go, specially if you have just started TTC and see what happens, who knows it might work for you ! Good luck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tassiewife For This Useful Post:

newbie3  (16-06-2014)