+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Kindergarten teacher question

Ds attends a fantastic daycare/kindergarten with a great program. They have recently hired a new teacher. Ds likes this teacher because they 'tickle/ chase' the kids around outside and the kids chase and tickle this teacher.
    I'm not sure if I like the idea of the kinder teacher tickling the kids? Am I being silly/overprotective?
    Maybe because I experienced things as a child I would rather forget, I think too much into things.
    What do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate anyone tickling my child. Why? Because to me it's a form of torture. Sure they're laughing, but doesn't mean they're enjoying it. I hate being tickled myself.
    I'd be feeling concerned as well, and if it doesn't sit right with you then I'd act on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    wouldn't bother me really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    OP sorry you had bad experiences as a child. I think your son's kindy teacher sounds wonderful. That sort of interaction wouldn't worry me at all.

Maybe talk to your son and ask him how he feels and let him know if it ever makes him uncomfortable that he can stop playing?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Brooke082010  (22-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It wouldn't worry me unless the teacher had displayed some other behaviour I wasn't keen on. Or I didn't get a good vibe from them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It wouldn't really bother me to much but obviously if it wasn't in an inappropriate "area", my child was having fun, the stopped tickling them when asked and as stated I hadnt sensed any uncomfortable vibes. My kids love being tickled though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I volunteer in a kindy (I'm studying) and yesterday one of the kids found a feather and was 'tickling' the teacher with it. It was just on her hand and the teacher was jumping and saying ooh you tickled me, the kids thought it was a brilliant game. So it may be something completely harmless like that. Perhaps see if you can clarify with your child a bit more what exactly is happening.

Bit off topic, but my daughters best friend announced to her kindy class yesterday that her mum was in jail....she definitely isn't, and we have no idea where that came from!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would people have responded differently if I had of said the gender of the teacher?
    I wanted to keep that anonymous to avoid discrimination.

It does't bother me as long as they do their job well, but there has been threads on here where posters are concerned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Kindergarten teacher here! I don't think tickling is out of place at a childcare centre. I generally don't tickle children in my care however one child finds it hard to connect to anyone and if I give him a little tickle and play a hide and seek game, he engages for the rest of the day.