Closed Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 141
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,525
    Thanks
    1,890
    Thanked
    2,539
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh, how rude! I would be annoyed too OP.

    She could have been polite and provided an 'I'm so sorry I'm in the way I'll just be a minute' or similar! It's easy to be polite!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,650
    Thanks
    1,340
    Thanked
    2,620
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How rude. Some people need to learn the world doesn't revolve around them.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tastychicken View Post
    I am going to go against the grain here and say you were inapropriate to touch her property.

    When my son started rolling gee his wee would go everywhere and changing him was a 2 handed job. If I explained that his wee would go everywhere and then someone proceeded to touch my prolerty because they could not wait 1 minute, I would be livid.
    Well honestly if you saw my op you would see I wrote a shock horror 'I touched her pram'.... I wasn't going to... but she clearly had two hands on bub... . You also said you needed two hands for your bub .. so I politely asked/said 'I'll just move it a touch so I can get there'.... I by no means think I overstepped the boundaries by touching her property.
    And you'll also notice that I did not venture further to touch her pram once she said no quite rudely to me. So I did respect her boundary. .. still. .. I was polite about it.
    In fact. .I hate people touching my stuff too.. but if I had my hands full, in the same situation and I was blocking someone I would be only too happy for them to move the pram slightly so they could also change their child's nappy.

    Funnily enough my pram was blocking her exit when she wanted to leave and even though I had my hands full changing my daughter. ...I turned to my mum who was with me and said to my mum to just go out with the pram so she could get by!!!!

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

    gold coast mumma  (21-05-2014)

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    It's very rude and OTT that she wouldn't let you use the space that was free.
    I've had 2 boys and changed them numerous times whilst out in public without wee going everywhere. It's quite simple to avoid really.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  6. #15
    bunkx's Avatar
    bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hills WA
    Posts
    6,587
    Thanks
    566
    Thanked
    1,252
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Very rude I would have just moved her pram and told her to stop being a rude cow !!!!!
    I mean after I had already asked nicely

  7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

    gizmoduckus  (23-05-2014),GlitterFarts  (21-05-2014),me+he&she=three  (21-05-2014),mummytomy2boysxxx  (21-05-2014),penny92  (21-05-2014),Tamtam  (21-05-2014)

  8. #16
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,973
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    605
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I move people's prams all the time

  9. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked
    89
    Reviews
    13
    I dunno, i personally don't find it outrageous and think maybe waiting a minute till she was finished was probably not an issue. She was probably flustered, and that simple request was just too much.. I wouldn't throw her under the bus for it! Poor woman, i wouldn't have questioned her, just given her time to finish what she was doing.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monkey&&me For This Useful Post:

    SAgirl  (21-05-2014),TimeForWine  (22-05-2014),TreeGirl  (21-05-2014)

  11. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,200
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked
    721
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Well honestly if you saw my op you would see I wrote a shock horror 'I touched her pram'.... I wasn't going to... but she clearly had two hands on bub... . You also said you needed two hands for your bub .. so I politely asked/said 'I'll just move it a touch so I can get there'.... I by no means think I overstepped the boundaries by touching her property.
    And you'll also notice that I did not venture further to touch her pram once she said no quite rudely to me. So I did respect her boundary. .. still. .. I was polite about it.
    In fact. .I hate people touching my stuff too.. but if I had my hands full, in the same situation and I was blocking someone I would be only too happy for them to move the pram slightly so they could also change their child's nappy.

    Funnily enough my pram was blocking her exit when she wanted to leave and even though I had my hands full changing my daughter. ...I turned to my mum who was with me and said to my mum to just go out with the pram so she could get by!!!!

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    saying this and touching property is not asking and you did not let her give consent to you touching her property. I do not care how nice you said it, it is still a huge invasion of privacy.

    If you said "Can i move your pram?", this would be a different scenario.

  12. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tastychicken View Post
    saying this and touching property is not asking and you did not let her give consent to you touching her property. I do not care how nice you said it, it is still a huge invasion of privacy.

    If you said "Can i move your pram?", this would be a different scenario.
    Oh well. Guess I'll disagree with you. The inflection in my voice indicated a question. And I stopped when she got snarky and stepped back.
    So yeah. .. I think if anyone was inappropriate in the situation it was her. Her rudeness was unwarranted especially as I was very polite.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

    gold coast mumma  (21-05-2014),VicPark  (23-05-2014),Wonderingwhy  (22-05-2014)

  14. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey&&me View Post
    I dunno, i personally don't find it outrageous and think maybe waiting a minute till she was finished was probably not an issue. She was probably flustered, and that simple request was just too much.. I wouldn't throw her under the bus for it! Poor woman, i wouldn't have questioned her, just given her time to finish what she was doing.
    I didn't say it was outrageous. I would not call it outrageous. . but I do think she was rude. And I didn't question her?? Just asked if I could access the other change station.

    Sure she could be having a bad day. . but so could I.
    I'm honestly over the excuse of someone having a bad day as a reason to be rude and thoughtless to others.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

    atomicmama  (21-05-2014),Barnaby  (21-05-2014),Chippa  (21-05-2014),dollypops  (21-05-2014),FearlessLeader  (21-05-2014),Funnels  (21-05-2014),gizmoduckus  (23-05-2014),haveheart  (21-05-2014),peanutmonkey  (21-05-2014),PipersMummy  (21-05-2014),Serenity Love  (21-05-2014)


 

Similar Threads

  1. How do you keep your rooms cool?
    By lexim in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-02-2014, 17:49
  2. Change rooms in male/family restrooms?
    By VanityFey in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 07:49
  3. "How to" - etiquette for dealing with those who have just had a baby
    By MsViking in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-10-2013, 10:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
ProSwimProSwim Rostrevor runs learn to swim classes for children and adults. Lessons are run during the Summer months ...
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›