+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Second last year of uni, working part time and preparing my wedding to DH for the following year :-)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    ......story, please?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Well it's not as exciting as you may think!

When I was at uni, my teaching course was split into two degrees. First 3 years was bach. ed, last year was dip ed. Basically we learnt everything about teaching in the first three years, but were required by law to do a 4th year in order to teach in Vic. My group was the last year to complete this course, as after us it was all merged into a 4 year bach. ed.
    We could also do CRT work in our 4th year, since we were basically qualified anyway. (Again, we were the last year allowed to do this) So I moved home, went around to all the local schools with my CV and told them I was a 4th year looking for CRT. One of the prins said he may call me the next day, which he did. He called me at least twice, if not 4 or 5 times a week during the first term, and then before the term was over asked me if I would like to fill a maternity leave spot in the 3/4 grade in which I had been regularly been working. Heck yes I did want to! Because I was still at uni, I couldn't be put on central payroll, so for the remaining 3 terms that year I was paid CRT rates

It was excellent

But... not that much of an exciting story, see? Sorry to get your hopes up!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    21 was such a wonderful year!
    i had got my first full time job after completing my degree, and was so excited to get into the 'real' world and become a fully fledged adult. I worked out pretty quickly though that office politics are often worse than high school politics, so that was a bit of a shock when I realised that adults don't always behave in honourable or honest ways. Anyhow DH (who was my boyfriend at the time) and I moved into a rental with my best friend and her BF and although it was fun in the beginning, was not so fun 3 months in. So DH and I bought our first house - a total dump, and moved in at the end of the year and embarked on renovating.
    I felt so much freedom and excitement in that year, I loved making my way into adulthood and doing things like having friends over at my house for drinks and doing my own supermarket shopping - lol I hate supermarket shopping now!

21 was a very good year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was living with an ex bf who was an absolute ****** (now that I look back). I turned 21 and got rid of him. He was just a terrible person and I regret ever having him at my 21st, which my parents organised for me. Once he was gone, I was single for awhile and lived alone, went to work, come home and enjoyed being in my own home, enjoying my own time. THEN a good friend of mine moved in and it was awesome!

⭐️DS #1 born 15.03.2010⭐️
    ⭐️DS #2 born 16.02.2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Massive year for me. I was in my final year of uni, engaged and planning our wedding for that year, and then out of the blue my mum gets diagnosed with cancer and died. A life changing year with huge highs and lows.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I turned 21 in Feb, decided at the blink of an eye to move to Melbourne with my ex's sister. Loved it! 6months later we headed off overseas together. 7 years later we're Sisters from another mister, BFFs that unfortunately live too far away from each other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was 21 I was living with my now DH, fell pregnant, miscarried, then fell pregnant again with ds1. A month before I was 22 we discovered ds1 has got Spina Bifida, so it was a roller coaster ride of emotions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 21 was boring. I spent my time studying at uni, working part time, also still living at home..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was having my first baby, and was already married to my Dh

Thanks
    Reviews
    By the way, I was 21, 21 years ago!!!