+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy NEW TO BH: Need some calming and reassurance >_<

Hi,

I need some reassurance that I'm being irrational.

I'm married, 30 with 3 kids which all of whom are in school as of this year.

My cycle has always been no more than 29 days ...I'm now up to day 34 with no sign of a period. The killer is...my hubs has had the snip....5 years ago!...I know the odds are so insanely low of me being pregnant...I've held myself back from googling.....

I've thought about other reasons for a late arrival, but nothing matches up to be consistant, It's been nearly 6 years since I was pregnant last so I feel like a bloody teenager atm....

Please TELL ME I'M BEING A LUNATIC...Or what other things might keep a period at bay so randomly?!?!?!?!??!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome to bubhub

As for your post, I know that if I'm stressed my period can be late. Are you going through a stressful time (apart from the late period)?

If you don't get your period by Monday maybe a trip to the doctor for a blood test might be needed.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    all kinds of things can play havoc with your cycle

Stress, illness, lack of sleep. the weather ... lots and lots of thing.

Did your DH have a test after having the snip? usually they like to do a test 3-6 months after to check that no little swimmers are getting through.

Perhaps go get a test and see ... it should confirm one way or the other

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh sweetheart, I can imagine you would be wanting to Dr Google right now, but as Katie'sMum said, a lot of things can play havoc with your cycle, even if they never have before and you've always been on the dot with your cycle.

Did you check your husband's sperm motility etc after he had the snip? You're right, the odds are insanely low, however my husband had to have his tested more than the usual once, because he was still showing motile sperm some 12 months after the Snip! It would at least rule that out as a reason for a late period.

I would definitely go and see your GP, so many things can impact on a cycle and to err on the side of caution with other things will help put things into perspective better for you and hopefully put you at ease. All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Yes. Mine were spot on once too. Then I had implanon put in and they went away. Then I had it taken out after a few years to have dd2. After I miscarried, before dd2, they discovered I had a fibroid. AF was and still is all over the place now. My fibroid has shrink now but it did give me pregnancy Symptoms a few times. I don't blame the implanon one bit for it either. As you get older things tend to change a bit. I'm not gonna give you the talk lol! But I would advise you to do a test to put your mind at ease and see a Dr for your own piece of mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replys I'm not usually a crazy head lol... DH Was tested after ward and was fine from memory.

I'll go see the quack and see what she says

Thanks again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to update...arrival at 6 days overdue! Went for a general BT and pap yesterday jic.

With care x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to paidinlove For This Useful Post:

lovebeingamum!  (18-05-2014)