+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Separation advice

Hello,

First post on here and just after some advice from anyone who's had to tell their children that they will be separating.

I have 6 year old twin girls and a 2 year old daughter. I've been separated but still living with my ex wife for the past 8 months while we sold our house. We have managed this pretty well and the children have not seen any arguements or fighting and my ex wife and I are on pretty good terms.

The girls don't know about the separation at this stage and we've told them we're sleeping in separate rooms so I don't wake my ex wife up when I go to work.

We've now sold the house and my ex wife will be moving out in 2 weeks. We will be having the children on a 50/50 basis.

The gilrs know that we will be moving soon to be closer to school but they don't know that there will be 2 houses.

I was just after any advice from people who had been through similar situations and how they told their children.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was positive and said we had decided to live in different houses and presented the extra house as a bonus. Given the age of your kids, I think they should be fine