Closed Thread
Page 91 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We are single income but a bit over 100 000. They should have raised the tax a little for those higher, not a short term tax but an actual real tax adjustment. I do think there are some that flaunt the system but most need welfare and support. Plus health and education should be for all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy Duck For This Useful Post:

beebs  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are lib voters and I was expecting more taxes, but upset that is has fallen on those that are struggling to begin with

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post

This is the table I was referring to earlier....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2maisie View Post
    I've said this before..I think the budget is awful. Low income families are going to be smashed by it and I think if you work hard for your family it's a real blow..however I do think that the cut off for ftb b for school aged children is fair. If your child is healthy (I'm not talking about sn) I don't see why you cannot be studying, looking for work or working.
    Define special needs? My DS has ASD. His diagnosis is not recognised by the education department. There is no funding, support, etc. He is viewed upon as merely a bad child. He is regularly excluded for school, in fact the school wishes to put him on a partial attendance. So how do you propose that I, and those in similar situations just go and work to make up the short fall in income as a result of losing FTB B? Keep in mind that my child is viewed upon as healthy and without special needs.
    Do I just leave my 6 year old home alone?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    To those who actually think this budget is good, or isn't that bad. How do you justify making the poorest families lose the most, do most of the "heavy lifting". Keeping in mind this isn't only people on Newstart. These are parents on low incomes, working and doing it tough.
    I am honestly interested to know, because I just can't fathom how anyone would think is a good idea.
    I've heard a few liberal supporters still harping on about 'the budget emergency'. They take whatever their beloved leader spruiks as gospel.

There is the whole 'anyone on benefits is clearly a bludger/rorting the system/etc' argument being put foward by many. Therefore, you know, they deserve to lose benefits or clearly don't need them anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

beebs  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    But even if you are studying the FTB will cut out. The government needs to encourage people to study and gain skills, this government is doing the exact opposite. Also, I live in a regional large town, it is all very well to cut payments and say, "back to work", but where are the jobs? As you know manufacturing is taking a blow in regional areas at the moment. And regional areas are big losers when it comes to training, education and employment.

Quote Originally Posted by mum2maisie View Post
    I've said this before..I think the budget is awful. Low income families are going to be smashed by it and I think if you work hard for your family it's a real blow..however I do think that the cut off for ftb b for school aged children is fair. If your child is healthy (I'm not talking about sn) I don't see why you cannot be studying, looking for work or working.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (24-05-2014),HarvestMoon  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Everything you have just said goes against everything to Liberals stand for...I am surprised that you are an LNP voter to be honest! Not having a go at all, just an observation

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Duck View Post
    We are single income but a bit over 100 000. They should have raised the tax a little for those higher, not a short term tax but an actual real tax adjustment. I do think there are some that flaunt the system but most need welfare and support. Plus health and education should be for all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everything you have just said goes against everything to Liberals stand for...I am surprised that you are an LNP voter to be honest! Not having a go at all, just an observation
    Come from small business family

It seems now though either party is going to bung something up

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy Duck For This Useful Post:

sweetpeamummy  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps we are evolved libs! We need a new party in the middle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    But even if you are studying the FTB will cut out. The government needs to encourage people to study and gain skills, this government is doing the exact opposite. Also, I live in a regional large town, it is all very well to cut payments and say, "back to work", but where are the jobs? As you know manufacturing is taking a blow in regional areas at the moment. And regional areas are big losers when it comes to training, education and employment.
    Yes. Cutting the FTB B to a mother studying is going to be the difference in many cases in her not studying. Many will have to go back to work in low income jobs, not paying a huge amount of tax, bc they can't afford to stay home and study at uni from the loss of FTB.

We only get $50 FTB B, so it's not going to kill us. But some families, especially single mums are getting much more. If the govt had a brain in their heads they would realise we want SAHM's to study so they get good jobs and pay more income tax. Taking their FTB will mean studying is unsustainable.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (24-05-2014),dancingchipmunk  (24-05-2014),FrothyFrog  (24-05-2014),KaraB  (24-05-2014),LoveLivesHere  (24-05-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (24-05-2014)