The key points:
- Deficit: $49.9b this year; $29.8b next year; $2.8b in 2017-18.
- $20b Medical Research Future Fund set up
- Cuts to health and hospital funding totalling $50b over the next decade
- $11.6b to be spent on road, rail and port infrastructure
- Pension age rising to 70 by 2035; new indexation arrangements from 2017
- Paid parental leave and associated 1.5 per cent company tax rate cut not detailed
- Foreign aid slashed by nearly $8b
- Eligibility thresholds and payments for welfare measures including Family Tax Benefits and Newstart frozen
- Deficit tax will apply to those earning more than $180,000 per year
- Fuel excise to rise twice a year
- Universities will be able to set their own fees from 2016
- Family Tax Benefit B will be stripped from families whose youngest child has turned 6
- People under 30 will have to wait six months to get unemployment benefits
Results 11 to 20 of 981
13-05-2014 18:41 #11
13-05-2014 18:50 #12
I think it's great they are offering hecs ( or whatever it's called theses days) for tafe
13-05-2014 18:52 #13
13-05-2014 18:55 #14Senior Member
- Join Date
- May 2006
13-05-2014 18:57 #15
13-05-2014 18:58 #16
Cause I am home by myself, can someone answer a really, really silly question?
For this budget to apply do all of its components need to pass through the senate? Or can the government just implement what it wants?
13-05-2014 18:59 #17
Did they say 2016 for uni's
13-05-2014 19:00 #18
well, I'm going to have to thrown in uni, as does DH. Good one Liberals, you've now completely financially ruined the poorest people in Australia
Expect to see massive drop off rates for mature age at uni, homelessness, children being removed from loving homes bc parents can't feed them.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:
13-05-2014 19:00 #19
Never officially mentioned ppl
13-05-2014 19:01 #20Senior Member
- Join Date
- May 2006
yep 2016. I only just started this semester, so no way I'd be able to finish before 2016 and I'm part time - on account of having 4 young kids - waaahh! 3 with chronic health issues + plus me. Wahhh!
By loislane2010 in forum General ChatReplies: 50Last Post: 24-05-2014, 13:49
By Ellewood in forum News & Current AffairsReplies: 17Last Post: 18-05-2014, 18:44
By IvyRain in forum Family FinancesReplies: 20Last Post: 29-04-2014, 18:20
Pea Pods Reusable NappiesPea Pods are the smart choice when it comes to choosing what's best for you, your baby and the environment. Affordable ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Career change - good idea?Working Hubbers - Employed
Baby has itchy skin/scalp2 year olds
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Suspected endometriosis with no symptoms?Endometriosis Chat
Funniest thing your kid has said to youGeneral Chat
Flying with a 7 month old - overnight or during day better?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Selling your house privately...General Chat
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Horrible Baby Names #2Choosing Baby Names
Chickenpox after being immunised?Pro-Vaccination