+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Toddler wakes up never to sleep again...

Me again!

We've had a strange one lately which for the last two nights in the row has just been truly hard to handle

Basically our 2 and half year old will wake up at say 2am in the morning crying and moaning loudly and continuously and then when you go in he's fully awake an won't go back down to sleep period! He will literally be awake until bedtime the next day!

We've tried everything and no matter what we do, it just makes him more awake and he wants to play

If we leave him in his room, he just cries and screams louder and louder endlessly

We've tried bringing him in with us (and he just jumps on the bed, climbs on us etc doesn't settle), doing book time again, staying with him in his room (he just gets up and plays on his own) - if he wakes... he stays awake!

Normally he sleeps from 7:30pm till about 7am the next morning no dramas

and he's been doing this lately once a week for several weeks and this week is the first time he's done it two nights in a row

scared that tonight will be the third

any ideas??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should probably add we have a three month old but he doesn't seem to be bothered by her crying at all and when ever he's woken, its been during a period when she's been a sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing , seems we are going through the same " phase" at the moment. Hoping it's just a phase!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am often trying to get out of conversations about the wiggles or what so-and-so from daycare might be doing (my answer is always "they're sleeping!") at 3am. DD is 2.5yrs and is often up for a chat at stupid times of the he night/morning. We're now being firm about staying in her own bed - we have a baby due in 11 weeks and I want her sleeping all night in her own room before the baby arrives!
    Sorry, I have no answers, only sympathy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our DD seems to be going through an extra inquisitive stage right now, wonder if that has anything to do with it? Most nights she will just wake up yelling and screaming (mostly " mummy mummy" yay) but there's nothing actually wrong that I can tell. She will not sleep in bed with either of us, she's just... Awake!