+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think they are confusing bogans with ferals.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (08-05-2014),pink ribbon  (21-05-2014),undercover7  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Looks like they're showcasing the 'houso' style bogans. Or the Aussie equivalent of rednecks.

Lots of flannos, mullets, rats tails and not many teeth.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

undercover7  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    Looks like they're showcasing the 'houso' style bogans. Or the Aussie equivalent of rednecks.

Lots of flannos, mullets, rats tails and not many teeth.
    Soooo.. Not the classy ones?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Soooo.. Not the classy ones?
    Is there such a thing?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (08-05-2014)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    from the title, does it mean only aussie bogans?? or could there be a few redneck american bogans too. ?? I would hate to think we had all the bogans in the world here in Australia. I have not seen any program that interests me on that channel. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love housos, I'll be watching it for sh!ts and giggles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    Is there such a thing?
    The mating ritual *kinda* looked classy... 😬😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    from the title, does it mean only aussie bogans??
    Yep, it looks as though it's just Australian bogans.

Tasmania is the bogan capital of Australia and if you're seeking bogans in the ACT look no further than the nation's parliament. These are just some of the findings to come out of a “bogan odyssey” completed by self-proclaimed boganologist Paul Fenech.

With the other two members of his crack team, Shazza (Elle Dawe) and Kev the Kiwi (Kevin Taumata), who will be familiar from the controversial SBS series Housos, Fenech has visited every state for a new 7Mate series called Bogan Hunters.

“There are plenty of places in each state,” he says. “Start in the centre of a city and drive for about 35 minutes minimum into the suburbs and you will find a bogan area.

“Tasmania has the top-shelf, black-label bogans. There's an element of boganicity there that is worthy of another 15 years of social study.”
    And the epicentre of Tasmanian bogan culture is in a suburb of Launceston, according to Fenech.

“It's a place called Ravenswood, which they told us not to go to because we'd get stabbed,” he says. “But we didn't get stabbed and it was all nice.”
    In the course of his fieldwork, Fenech, who starred as Franky Falzoni in Housos, has become an expert in recognising his quarry.

“The haircut is most likely a mullet or a shaved mullet,” he says. “Home-done tattoos are very important and a missing tooth is a likely indicator. Look for flannelette, ugg boots and thongs and if there is an alcoholic beverage to complete the whole ensemble then you've got yourself a bogan.”

Of particular interest to the bogan hunters are the mating rituals, described by Fenech as “a quick process”.

He also uncovered some touching tales in the course of his travels.

“We met one girl in Adelaide who, despite the fact she stabbed her partner with her mulling scissors, they are still a couple,” he says. “That's bogan love right there.”

And while there are no plans at present to show Bogan Hunters overseas, Fenech is unapologetic about the image of Australia presented by the “reality show”.

“If some people look at it and go, 'Jesus, is this what Australia's like? Oh, my god.' Well, don't shoot the messenger. This is the bogan world. Like it or love it. It exists.

“If I was thinking about a holiday in Australia and I saw this, I'd probably be scared. If I was in Canada I think I'd maybe go to Hawaii instead.”

A spokeswoman for Seven said a final date has yet to be set for the show, but confirmed it would go to air in May.

Bogan habitat around the country, according to “Boganologist” Paul Fenech:

Sydney: “A toss-up between Mount Druitt and Campbelltown”
    Brisbane: Logan
    Melbourne: Frankston
    Adelaide: Elizabeth
    Western Australia: Rockingham
    Darwin: Palmerston
    ACT: “Let's face it, parliament has got the best bogans in the country”.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/housos-stars-reveal-australias-biggest-bogans-id-probably-be-scared-20140401-35vpo.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    from the title, does it mean only aussie bogans?? or could there be a few redneck american bogans too. ?? I would hate to think we had all the bogans in the world here in Australia. I have not seen any program that interests me on that channel. Marie.
    Yep it's focused on just the stray'yen Bogans for this series by the look of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Paul Fenech is the creator. So if you're familiar with his previous shows, you get an idea of where this one is heading!

The celebrity judges are Miss Nude Australia, Angry Anderson & Mark Jacko Jackson.

It'll be cringeworthy but entertaining!