Closed Thread
Page 13 of 154 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KayzB View Post
    @blossom1 anddd the day of scratch is my mama's birthday. So even if I'm in pain after it, I'll have to put on a happy face later so my fam doesn't get suss ๐Ÿ˜• Oh the lies we tell..!
    Say happy birthday to your momma for me ๐Ÿ˜

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Soques View Post
    Hey blossom, the percentage of issues in only increased by a few percent... The risk in my opinion is very low and the possibility of getting the end result weather it is one or two bubs is so worth it...

My family has a history of identical twins (egg splitting) and I am still going to two eggs if I can get to that stage... My chance are that I end up with four just due to genetics... And a couple of more percent due to ICSI... And I would be exhausted but sooooooo ecstatic.....

Know that probably doesn't help your decision one bit... But like others have said... Listen to your heart, talk it over with DH and make sure you actually get how he feels about it... And then just make up your mind and then stick with it, is my advise.

Welcome OiC but hope you don't have to join us... Good luck with your test.
    thanks Hun for your thoughts. Is the risk of problems only increased by a few percent? If that were the case we would probably do it but from what I've been told it's increased by more like 35% which with knowing more than one woman who has lost twins at five months of age , is a lot to gamble with? Ahhhh the risks with it all hey! But can understand where you're coming from and appreciate your input . DH is same as me, sacred ****less of something happening to me or bubs health.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KayzB View Post
    @OIC hiya hun! You may not need to if next Wed brings you fab news! Are you going to POAS or will just hold out till BT? xx
    Thanks! Definitely getting on the POAS train first thing tomorrow morning! Had to keep my hand out of the stick drawer this morning!

Even the word scratch sounds painful! Hope it goes well for you and not too painful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol Blossom, last cycle I put 3 embryos back, hope to do the same again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Lol Blossom, last cycle I put 3 embryos back, hope to do the same again...
    hehehe okay! I'm guessing you might be a few years on from me? I'm 37.5 and our clinic will only do two "usually" after 38...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Blossom, not sure if this is going to help you or make matters more intense for you... But thought I would share my only experience so far with someone I know really well that was pregnant with twins.

My sister with her last natural (she sucks by the way LOL) pregnancy did get pregnant with twins. Saragaunt (sp?) - meaning two different eggs like what would happen if having done IVF. She was excited. We are were excited, but then later on I was told that there was an issue with bub two... It had a heart condition... But bub one very happy and healthy... Both were born naturally... Bub two was alive for about 45 mins before he passed away... Bub one (my godson Evan) is now almost 8 months old.

After the fact my sister told me that Bennett - bub two had T18, but her body and Evan knew there was a healthy baby there and therefore carried everyone to almost full term 32 weeks I think (originally due on the 5 Nov, gave birth on 2 Oct) which I understand is pretty common to give birth a bit early with twins.

I don't think the chances of having issues like that are any different through IVF really vs normally pregnancy... In all honesty I think they would probably increase chance so having two normal babies as the egg selection and whatnot can be predetermined... To have the best chances of moving forward. Yea its scary... This whole IVF/AC journey is scary, but Life in General is also scary... If you look at the high speeds we travel at in cars, busses, taxis, and planes, for instance... But we have gotten over that fear by understanding and accepting that that is what has to be to get to where we want to get...

I am not saying just get over the fear and do two... But don't let numbers freak you out... Be aware of them by all means... Listen to your body and you heart on the day... They might tell you something different at the time... Listen to the egg scientist about the quality and make your decision... Your body will take care of the rest. If they are beautiful and healthy they will survive, if there are issues they will not... It's hard to say that so bluntly as I know it has to be hard to loose a baby, my sister will carry that loss for the rest of her life... But that's how she put it to me... Only reason Bennett lived was to make sure Evan had the best chance he could to survive.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

akakura  (10-06-2014),Butterfly39  (24-05-2014),Purples  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Soques that is so sad yet so beautiful โคโค @blossom1 lots to think about there sweets; hopefully you've got a lil more clarity now ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜
    Last edited by KayzB; 24-05-2014 at 08:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OIC View Post
    Thanks! Definitely getting on the POAS train first thing tomorrow morning! Had to keep my hand out of the stick drawer this morning!

Even the word scratch sounds painful! Hope it goes well for you and not too painful!
    @OIC good luck with POAS this morn hun! Hope it shows 2 pretty lil lines ๐Ÿ˜Š xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Butterfly39 hope the weekend isn't too slow or torturous for you hun! Hope you've got some fun things on to keep you distracted. Bring on Mon!! xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Fiona2 how are you doing hun?? A week & a bit till FET yeah? Hope your trekking along ok ๐Ÿ˜˜

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

Fiona2  (24-05-2014)